DISH BRING TIME WARNER SPORTS NETWORK FOR SO. CAL CUSTOMERS.

Exactly,I would rate the chances as slim to none that Dish or even DTV would be able to get it.

Wrong! TW is in negotiations with every cable and satellite provider in Southern California to carry the channel.

We are talking about Lakers's home ans away games. Negotiations are going on and surely by start of season, Dish and DTV will have contract with TWC for this channel. I will ask DIRT team to add myself tothe list people requesting this channel.

As I mentioned in my post above (#8), the way to vote for the channel is to go to post #63 in the Official DISH Channel Request Thread, which I linked to in the post above. That thread is monitored by DISH employees. You vote for a channel by either adding a post or clicking on either Like or Thanks if it has already been added (the rules on the first post of the thread say to only post a given channel once). It's already been added, so go to it and click Like or Thanks. That is how they count votes for it. Don't bother DIRT with it because they have nothing to do with it.

Well it all depends on Time Warner.Do they want exclusivity or do they want to offer it to other providers.Comcast Philadelphia which carries the Flyers and I believe the 76ers is only available through Comcast.The fcc ruled that they do not have to offer the channel to anyone.So again,it's all up to Time Warner.

Again, TW is in negotiations with every cable and satellite provider in Southern California to carry the channel.

HUH? Now why would TWC, a cable company offer and exclusive channel to other providers.

Hmmm, because they want income to pay the $3B they owe to the Lakers over the next 20 years. They can't do it if they keep it exclusively to theirselves.

So?...If those teams sign an exclusive deal to show games on a cable only service, then that is that.

Not in the Laker's case. TW is actively negotiating with all other providers in SoCal.

Wrong! TW is in negotiations with every cable and satellite provider in Southern California to carry the channel.

As I mentioned in my post above (#8), the way to vote for the channel is to go to post #63 in the Official DISH Channel Request Thread, which I linked to in the post above. That thread is monitored by DISH employees. You vote for a channel by either adding a post or clicking on either Like or Thanks if it has already been added (the rules on the first post of the thread say to only post a given channel once). It's already been added, so go to it and click Like or Thanks. That is how they count votes for it. Don't bother DIRT with it because they have nothing to do with it.

Again, TW is in negotiations with every cable and satellite provider in Southern California to carry the channel.

Hmmm, because they want income to pay the $3B they owe to the Lakers over the next 20 years. They can't do it if they keep it exclusively to theirselves.

Not in the Laker's case. TW is actively negotiating with all other providers in SoCal.

Can you please provide a link to a press release indicating that there are in fact there are ongoing negotiations.
Thanks.
The OP never answered as to why he believes the service should be provided to Dish customers free of charge.
And another thought.
If the service is added, will all subs in that market have to pay for it( assuming the highly probably that it WILL NOT be free) or will the service be a la carte( as it should be)?

That's good to know.That's the smart thing for them to do imho.Comcast Sports Philly has it all backwards imo.Hopefully Dish can work out a deal.

At some point though all the sat providers are going to run out of room,every year we see a new sport channel that comes along with exclusive team deals.The way its going every major team in every major sport except NFL will have their own channel,that will be a lot of channels.

And another thought.
If the service is added, will all subs in that market have to pay for it( assuming the highly probably that it WILL NOT be free) or will the service be a la carte( as it should be)?
Talk about a rhetorical question.... :)

It's more about how many potential satellite customers they can screw over into subscribing to their crappy cable service because they are the only ones to carry the regional sports channel.

What's more valuable pennies on the dollar for a satellite subscriber to get their spots network, or $70 or $80 per subscriber forced to subscribe to their crappy cable service.

It's almost as bad as how Directv forces people who want Sunday ticket to subscribe to Directv. Although I don't have any issues with that :)

For a 2nd or 3rd year now you can get Sunday Ticket via PS3 w/ no Directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)