Dish CSR playing dumb or not knowing about free 622

schaaf

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
I just got off the phone with a CSR from dish who knew NOTHING of the free ViP622 box... he kept telling me that I had to pay a one time fee of 249.99 and it would be credited back to me on my bill... however if you do the dish builder it comes up with a one time fee of 49.99 (which can be waived with the 18 month commitment.) He proceeded to argue with me until I asked for his operating number. I told him I would call back in the morning and talk to someone more knowledgeable than he.

This is after I canceled one installation after paying the 249.98. Luckily the CSR I ordered with got my address all wrong and I had to call back. At that time, the CSR told me I should just cancel my order and wait til Thursday because I could get the 622 for free AND they still had the 20 off for 10 months. So she canceled my order, refunded my money and told me to call back on Thursday. Well come to find out that my bank just processed a payment to Dish for 249.98 (not pending, but it actually hit my account after a call to dish yesterday to make sure they refunded the money.)

Not to happy with Dish right now.
When I call back tomorrow someone better know what the hell is going on!

You may have 2 problems the free is only for "new" customers you may be showing up as an existing customer seeing you already scheduled an install. And seeing Feb. 1st is the first day of the new promotion you may have gotten a CSR that is just behind on the learning curve.