Dish Executive VP Resigns

jlhugh said:
I don't just blame dish for all these buggy systems. What happens when dish announces they are going to release new equipment? We the public starts going crazy and posting everywhere that they want it now and can wait any longer or they will switch to something else. I guess the only thing that E* could do is not say a word about a new product until the day before that they KNOW that it WILL be released.

Remember that when you point the finger at someone there are 3 more pointing back at you.

Ah comeon. It took what, two years for Dish to get the 921 out after they first announced it and look at its quality that folks are reporting. Yea we wanted it because Dish kept saying it would be available at such and such time and kept delaying it. So here's a product that was delayed numerous times by Dish and it's still loaded with bugs and advertised features missing. Yes, Dish should from now on just shut up since they can't put up.

rad said:
jlhugh said:
I guess the only thing that E* could do is not say a word about a new product until the day before that they KNOW that it WILL be released.

Ah comeon. It took what, two years for Dish to get the 921 out after they first announced it and look at its quality that folks are reporting. Yea we wanted it because Dish kept saying it would be available at such and such time and kept delaying it. So here's a product that was delayed numerous times by Dish and it's still loaded with bugs and advertised features missing. Yes, Dish should from now on just shut up since they can't put up.

Gotta go with Rad on this one. Dish announced products to generate excitement & loyalty then has problems delivering. I had E* for around 4 years, almost 2 of which was spent waiting for the 522 that THEY announced AND displayed at shows. Now that it is finally released, it's hard to get one and they are not yet fully functional yet (if ever). I have to give E* credit: they whetted my appetite for PVR/DVRs with the 501 back when I paid $199 for it. I held off buying a second one because of the "soon to be released" 522. Then when it finally gets close to getting into my hands, there is now a "fee" that I wouldn't have had to pay had I not waited for a phantom product that THEY announced. True, I didn't have to wait but my decision was based on the erroneous information THEY provided.

You Dish homers amaze me. There is always a defense for Charlie and Co. whether its bugs or new fees or even possible loss of channels. You act like Charlie is your buddy and that he is working his ass off to make you happy. Sorry not happening. I look on this forum and others day after day and see horrendous customer service both from E* and their installers and products that have been out for years and still have bug after bug. The only way to avoid mediocrity from spreading is to have no tolerance for it. Dish obviously has a tolerance for it. That said I have had a decent experience with Dish, I have been lucky enough to get a 501 that works flawlessly (although name-based recording would be great) and a 301 that is fine now. Although it took them 2 freakin years to fix the damn picture -in-guide problem and being able to view more than a couple of hours in advance.

I would say that they were really very poorly prepared to handle the customer issues regarding a limited release of 921s and (possibly unexpectedly) the 811. i.e. scheduling all these 811 installs and then missing them , sometimes multiple times for the same customer, is surely a major CSR management snafu and is ticking off a LOT of customers. Some long term good customers.

I can see Charlie having a pretty serious conversation about that at least.

Also, communications between the CSR organization and others (adv tech support, engineering, etc..) has also been archaic.

I don't see Charlie mentioning any of this on the Chat. It will be business as usual.

I am also hearing that yesterdays departures may not be the last ones we hear about.

Only time will tell.

Do you feel these resignations are internally originated, meaning heads are rolling and this is an honorable way out provided by the top dog? When was the last Board Meeting?

Ms. Cartwright had made herself a richer woman this year with her DISH stock proceeds.
http://finance.lycos.com/qc/research/insider.aspx?symbols=NASDAQ:DISH

gpflepsen said:
Do you feel these resignations are internally originated, meaning heads are rolling and this is an honorable way out provided by the top dog? When was the last Board Meeting?

Ms. Cartwright had made herself a richer woman this year with her DISH stock proceeds.
http://finance.lycos.com/qc/research/insider.aspx?symbols=NASDAQ:DISH

Geez, a bunch of them have done fairly well for themselves.

OT: No wonder that normal folks look at this and get upset on the $'s that executives at companies are making.

I notice that Ms. Cartwright is now gone from the list of Dish Executives

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/aboutus/company_profile/exec_team/index.shtml

However John Scarborough is still listed.

Dish is still refusing to issue comment on the matter.

I called the executive offices this morning at 5:30 PST. Their initial message still says "Thanks for calling the executive offices of Soraya Cartwright". I mentioned that to the rep I spoke to. He said that he would remind his supervisor to get it changed.

jlhugh said:
I don't just blame dish for all these buggy systems. What happens when dish announces they are going to release new equipment? We the public starts going crazy and posting everywhere that they want it now and can wait any longer or they will switch to something else.
I'll bet there's far more frenzy over the HD DirecTivo than the 921 and 811 put together, but I'd wager it will roll out more bug free that what Dish PVRs do.

Why do you think DirecTV can do this and Dish can't? Answer: Commitment to product development and engineering excellence that Dish has never seemed to match.

dmodemd said:
I would say that they were really very poorly prepared to handle the customer issues regarding a limited release of 921s and (possibly unexpectedly) the 811. i.e. scheduling all these 811 installs and then missing them , sometimes multiple times for the same customer, is surely a major CSR management snafu and is ticking off a LOT of customers. Some long term good customers.

I can see Charlie having a pretty serious conversation about that at least.

Also, communications between the CSR organization and others (adv tech support, engineering, etc..) has also been archaic.
I spoke to Mark at DishDepot just after he had only received one 921 on his first shipment. He said he is going to speak to the "Vice President of DishNetwork" and "Heads are going to roll". He mentioned the name of the person he was going to speak to but I didn't write it down. Could it be that large preorders were promised to be honored and later were reascended?

He probably said Jim Defranco.

Yeah Mark is having the same problem we are in getting 921's., the only ones who are getting 921's are NOT getting Echostar 921's they are getting JVC units (and those units are not available to Dish Network dealers)

We have been prmomised 921's and told that they have shipped but we receive our orders and find no 921's included. Of course the distributer is blaming their new computer system for the mess ups, I say thats BS myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)