Dish falling behind in HD

Strangely Halleresk in imagining.

"What if Dish dropped all the channels....."

Trolling?

What is the subject of this thread again?

I am on topic.

Your last comment is exactly my point. DISNEY must be on DISH.

Yes trolling. A directv sub who likes stirring the pot in dish threads is a troll, which is what you do often.

Lucky for you,Scott is more tolerant than some give him credit for. I'll leave it there.....

I used to be really happy with Dishes offerings of HD channels,but lately Dish has fallen behind in HD offerings.DirectV has more as of now,and also more premium movie channels in HD than Dish.Are More channels coming within the next month or so.I am really thinking of moving over to Directv if Dish doesnt improve thier HD offerings.
My contract with dish is gonna be up in a few weeks and i may go to directv as well. i'm thinking of directv because i can save some money over what i will pay since my most of my credits with dish are/will be gone. and also i can get memphis, tn locals with direct and dish doesn't offer memphis locals to me

Dish customers seem to be happy with the HD they have. They are not abandoning Dish in droves, even though Disney ones have been SD only for quite a while. If a particular channel is really important to someone they will find another provider, but as demonstrated many times in the past everyone's channel preference is different.

Dish could definitely use some more HD. But, they've been doing pretty well so far. They aren't terrible. But, they could use some improvement.

The recent additions of PBS and other locals in HD, plus the AMC channels, TV Japan, and others, are great additions. The ABC/Disney/ESPN HD channels would be nice, of course. I'd certainly like to see ALL premiums in HD, as well. And, TV Land.

But, to whine about Dish falling behind in this area is just stupid.

Of course, they are behind in 3D. But, that's a horse of a different controversy.

I don't see that many more HD channels that need to be added to Dish. I wouldn't complain if they did add more though since I feel every channel should be HD. What I would rather be the main focus is improving on the quality of HD content. I'm sick of watching HD channels that still look somewhat SD. I try to have good HD programming on in our showroom and like to use Food Network but the PQ has gone downhill. It doesn't look that great on a 60" Plasma.

Yeah I don't think their falling behind as well they are right up there in the top 3 if not in the top 2 for sure. Got to love the Internet just as bad as TV so much misleading information and propaganda machines web sites out there. One thing for sure the Internet has done well is shown how much more people don't take the time to find the truth or the facts. Either way Dish is fine and I hope they win in court as well it's time for power playing networks to pay the people that keep them in business.

Well,both Joe Clayton and Charlie,indicated that the checkbooks are open for ABC/Disney/Espn.So,hopefully we will see a resolution soon.The only other channels they don't offer in HD(other than abc/disney),that are worth a hoot,are Fox movies,full time rsn,and possibly Tvland.

Well,both Joe Clayton and Charlie,indicated that the checkbooks are open for ABC/Disney/Espn.So,hopefully we will see a resolution soon.The only other channels they don't offer in HD(other than abc/disney),that are worth a hoot,are Fox movies,full time rsn,and possibly Tvland.
...and all of the premiums. For what they cost, there shouldn't be any SD channel in those premium packs.

Well,both Joe Clayton and Charlie,indicated that the checkbooks are open for ABC/Disney/Espn.

Let's be honest here. In the end it's the subscribers checkbooks that Joe and Charlie are opening up. I don't mind opening up my wallet. But I sure don't want someone emptying it out on the table.

You can't "move"?

And while it isn't that difficult to do this. Why should he have to?

I still have a couple of older tvs for the very reason sd just looks good on them & is cheaper than a H/J.

I find it funny that HD has been around mainstream since around 2005.

Yet almost a decade later, we are still arguing who has "the most HD".

I think by 10 years time, we should of had EVERY channel in HD. The sheer fact that some channels are still in standard definition is just sheer stupidity.

Both Directv and Dish need to get off their ass and make EVERY channel in HD.

I agree that charging extra for hd is just stealing since sd should no longer be an option.

Sd should go the way of black and white tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk