Dish files statement with FCC opposing TWV/BHC?Charter merger

WASHINGTON — In a Dec. 1 meeting with almost two dozen top Federal Communications Commission staffers, Dish Network chairman Charlie Ergen said that the Charter Communications-Time Warner Cable merger, as proposed, should be denied.
Pulling no punches, Ergen claimed the combined company could “degrade” or “destroy” online video rivals, including his company’s Sling TV over-the-top subscription service.
According to an FCC filing on the meeting, Ergen said the deal would create a “suffocating duopoly,” with two broadband providers (New Charter and Comcast) controlling almost 90% of high-speed broadband homes.

multichannel.com

Only thing dish is worried about is increased competition.

But the only real change here is the name that is on the customers bill.
After watching the airlines gobble up each other, fees and fares skyrocket, seats shrink and air travel become a real PITA, I am 100% opposed to ANY consolidation in a competitive marketplace where the consumer will end up taking it in the shorts.
be careful what you wish for....all I see here is a large company with the ability to have far too much control over the internet. The internet will eventually become the number one method by which we view video programming.
if a few giant companies can control it the way they see fit and have the ability to choke it down and place highly restrictive data caps( unless you want the "premium" for like $200 a month) they will do just that.
You have your view on this. I have mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)