Dish/Fox Resolve Dispute

My left index finger works just fine when depressing the skip forward button several times to accomplish the same thing.... :)

My left index finger works just fine when depressing the skip forward button several times to accomplish the same thing.... :)
I wish the Hopper had adjustable skip forward times like Charter Cable DVRs had. I use to keep my skip forward adjusted to 3 minutes skip ahead. Worked out good most of the time.

Commercial lengths are all over the place. I could see where a 3-minute-skip would work sometimes, but plenty of times it wouldn't be the right length. I'd guess than 95% of commercials are in 30-second increments so multiple presses of the 30-second-skip button is pretty ideal.

Sure, we can use the old fingers to "skip forward" but why should we be forced to do so when we are willing to pay for technology that allows us a better option? I'm guessing the N-W big-wigs know that we have to be picking up bits and pieces of their products or services, as they fly by the screen - "subliminal messages"? We should be able to use our technology to avoid being bombarded. That really bites!

Reactions: charlesrshell
i bet that one of the new HD channels that Fox owns that is coming to Dish is one of their Espanol channels of a full 24/7 feed of their College Sports channel. but i know the other would be FXM as i know that's the only channel of the FX suite of channels not in HD on Dish.

but i glad to hear about Dish and Fox settled the Hopper/Prime Time Anytime's AutoHop related legal issues and reached a new agreement. i bet Fox wanted to settle for the reason of get their channels on SlingTV's line.

another positive is that FS2 can move to channel 151 next to FS1 now if Dish wants to move it there.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

i bet that one of the new HD channels that Fox owns that is coming to Dish is one of their Espanol channels of a full 24/7 feed of their College Sports channel. but i know the other would be FXM as i know that's the only channel of the FX suite of channels not in HD on Dish.

but i glad to hear about Dish and Fox settled the Hopper/Prime Time Anytime's AutoHop related legal issues and reached a new agreement. i bet Fox wanted to settle for the reason of get their channels on SlingTV's line.

another positive is that FS2 can move to channel 151 next to FS1 now if Dish wants to move it there.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk
could that be fox deportes hd metoo i hope everything is settled now i wonder when the press release will be coming out with the agreement reached

The networks don't care if viewers manually skip commercials. .....

I would argue they cared alot at one time and still do. The Courts don't care however.

Nothing indicates AutoHop was going to be shut down by the Courts, if anything the contrary. So that does make me believe DISH was using it as a bargaining chip. I'm not sure what they got unless it was getting online content, for example with SlingTV or other access, or perhaps a better cost.

Reactions: TheKrell
and also the ondemand content like adding their channels to the ondemand section just saying you guys we have nbc and abc right now

Let me know when Fox carries Torpling and I'll watch. Otherwise - Ho Hum on this dispute.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)