Dish/Fox Resolve Dispute

How long will it take before this happens with all four networks?
The story says that the NBC lawsuit wouldn't go through till the Fox settlement was settled. So now that was accomplished I expect NBC to go through and negotiate their 7 day wait on autohop too.

I would argue they cared alot at one time and still do. The Courts don't care however.

Nothing indicates AutoHop was going to be shut down by the Courts, if anything the contrary. So that does make me believe DISH was using it as a bargaining chip. I'm not sure what they got unless it was getting online content, for example with SlingTV or other access, or perhaps a better cost.

That is what I was saying all along. Charlie was using autohop as a negotiating tool to help keep prices lower on the networks and for the other things you have mentioned as well. Looks like it worked and Charlie came out ahead and we still can skip commercials with 30 second skip ,like we were doing before.

Reactions: Tampa8
This all still applies only to owned and operated locals, right? ...which are still a minority across the country.

I think what Charlie really wanted was digital rigths and content for SlingTV. I don't think he is paying a lower price for the LIL's on Dish, in fact, if this is like previous such deals, he will be paying, bottom line MORE for adding channels from the media company to get a reasoable rate for the LIL's and for digital rights and for some content on SlingTV, so I think he is getting what he really wanted.

This is bad news indeed. CBS auto hop rules already are annoying. Can't watch their shows with auto hop till the 8th day, which is ridiculous. My wife will be disappointed with Bones being one of her favorite shows. Otherwise I only watch sports on Fox. Is FXM commercial free? If so it would be good to see it added. If not ho hum. I can't stand FXX because the commercials are longer than the programming and I avoid it.

I wish I could remember.

Guy's friends at office casually ask if he wants to go Torpling with them. He said sure. They go to a building and up a few floors and there's just these horizontal rings. He looks puzzled and they said, haven't you done this before? He says sure, it's just been a while. And hung back for others to go first. One of them dives head first thru the rings but brushed a few on the way down. Lands unhurt.

Our hero finally jumps also, hits his head on the first ring, almost knocking himself out. Drops thru all the other rings without touching them, falling like a stone. They all said great run, except for the first one.

I'd love to read that story again and get it right.

Who waits a week for any program worth watching. Autohop is dead. Who watches NBC.
Dish has screwed us again. Autohop was just a negotiating tool for Dish to use to make more money from the networks.
They should be reuired to remove it from their adds, since it is now worthless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)