Dish just shut down my 942 without notice !

Have not gotten my new card yet, but I finally broke down brought home a 722K from the office with an OTA Card.

Spent about an hour moving all my timers over and noticed all my shows are on HD channels, so WOW what a big difference in picture quality using it on my SDTV in the bedroom.

dish sent me a replacement for my 721

I don't understand why they wouldn't send you one and let you hook it up. They sent me a leased receiver, and were going to give me $10 for my 721 ( which i just took the hard drive out and threw the rest away)

The 942 interestingly gets guide data only the "primary" channels, i.e. only one per station, the rest of the subchannels say "digital service".

This is not consistent, I could swear that at least once I've seen data on the subchannels, it could be related to the fact that I have severe drift on several of my LNBFs and haven't bothered replacing them yet because the ViP622 does an excellent job of compensating for drift, which the 942 doesn't appear to handle at all.

Interesting I can get locals info on an unsubbed receiver that's in the wrong timezone because of where it was last subbed, but the subbed one HAS to be subbed to locals to get guide data.

Oh well, I've got a nice OTA DVR until the inevitable next software update when it turns into a brick.

My 942 gets guide data for all of my OTA's including the sub-channels.

It gets the same info that my 622 gets....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts