Dish network billing

baseboardking

Original poster
Apr 25, 2011
usa
Hi; I have been told that if you own your own equipment, Dish Network will allow you to switch your service and billing off and on as needed, like a light switch. I have a property in rural PA that we do not use very often, and I see no sense in paying a monthly bill if we are not viewing. Any experience with this? I am a DTV customer, they say that they cannot do this. Thank you.

My understanding is that if you buy your equipment at retail prices, all of it including the dish and other equipment. Don't take the discounted, new customer deal and pay for or do the actual install yourself, that you are correct.

There is a plan called flex for people such as urself I'm sure someone from DIRT can explain it here in a few minutes

You can activate under a Flex promo, which is $149 activation, plus at least $99 for a receiver (additional receivers will cost more, no SSN required). This would be a Pay In Advance type account.

If you purchase all of your equipment, you can activate under a "no promo" account (SSN is needed, you would do a self install, or call retailer).

Both of these accounts can be turned on and off as needed.

This has to be one of the best applications that The Application Store has because of the great customer service we get from the employees at DISH.

It is great that DSH has the IPAD as a way of contacting customer service.

Today is the first day of your life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)