Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Went out tonight and came home with my mailbox full of this PDF from a bunch of DISH Network retailers! (Thank you!)

DISH Network is launching Distant Network's...

So let's get to the details...

In order to prevent confusion and a lot of questions this is cut and paste from what was sent to me by the retailers. I only know whats posted here...

So here we go.

Announcing New DISH Network® Distant Network Service for Recreational and Qualifying Commercial Vehicles

May 18, 2011
The growing number of Americans purchasing recreational vehicles (RVs) and the large market of commercial truckers who enjoy TV programming while away from home presents a great opportunity to offer DISH Network Distant Network Service, which we plan to make available on May 18, 2011! DISH Network Distant Network Service is a great addition to our expanding line of TV EverywhereTM products and services!

New Distant Network Service from DISH Network – Effective May 18, 2011

Qualifying customers who want DISH Network satellite-TV service for their RV or qualifying commercial vehicle may be eligible to receive DISH Network Distant Network Service from both the New York and Los Angeles DMAs, so that they can still enjoy network programming while away from home. Please note there is an additional $5.00/mo. fee for DISH Network Distant Network Services.

? Flex Plan Participation Required to Receive DISH Network Distant Network Service – New customers requesting DISH Network satellite-TV service only for their RV or qualifying commercial vehicle must participate in the Flex Plan in order to be eligible to receive DISH Network Distant Network Service.

? Second DISH Network Customer Account May be Required – A customer cannot receive DISH Network Distant Network Service on a DISH Network customer account located at a fixed dwelling (e.g., the customer’s home address). If a customer already has a DISH customer account for their home address, they will need a second DISH customer account to receive DISH Network Distant Network Service for their RV or qualifying commercial vehicle. Additionally, to receive DISH Network Distant Network Service, the second customer account must be activated under the Flex Plan as mentioned above.

o Requesting More than One DISH Customer Account – If the customer already has a DISH account for his or her home address and they need to request a second account for their RV or qualifying commercial vehicle, the customer needs to call DISH’s Fact Act Team at 1-888-237-4278 between 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. MT (available seven days a week). The Retailer will have 24 hours following this call to the Fact Act Team to qualify the customer for a second account. Please note that if the customer is not qualified in R*Connect within this 24- hour timeframe, the customer must call the Fact Act Team again and repeat the process.

? In order for DISH Network to provide a customer with DISH Network Distant Network Service, a customer will need to successfully submit the following documentation to the fax number, e-mail address or physical address indicated on the “Recreational and Commercial Vehicle Declaration – Distant Network Service Authorization Request” form:

1. Correctly completed “Recreational and Commercial Vehicle Declaration – Distant Network Service Authorization Request” form (form available at www.dishnetwork.com and on DISH Portal);

2. Correctly completed “Equipment Service Requirements” form (form available at both www.dishnetwork.com and also DISH Portal); and

A Photocopy of either: a. The current registration for the customer’s RV for which the customer is requesting DISH Network
Distant Network Service (if requesting access for a recreational vehicle), or

b. Photocopy of the customer’s commercial driver’s license (if requesting access for a qualifying commercial vehicle).

Please note that the customer account that includes the RV or qualifying commercial vehicle MUST have a valid customer e-mail address associated with it. The R*Connect order entry sales flow includes a field where you can collect the customer’s e-mail address. Communications to the customer from DISH regarding the request for DISH Network Distant Network Service will be conducted via e-mail.
Please advise your customers who submit a request to DISH Network for DISH Network Distant Network Services that it may take up to approximately 10 to 14 days to complete the approval process.

Thanks for supporting DISH Network!

And there we go... THIS IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT THIS SO FAR!

Well huh. :confused: Why did they pull them down from AAD again? It seems to me that they could sell into the RV/trucker market, and leave AAD serving their own fixed site customers.

so only RV & truckers qualify (have to prove it) and its a separate account if you already have an existing account

pretty cut and dry to me....

why tie up bandwidth to someone else when Dish can do it themselves now and pocket all the money (instead of some)
I thought these were two different markets. With AAD still there, they could get paid for both.

Well huh. :confused: Why did they pull them down from AAD again? It seems to me that they could sell into the RV/trucker market, and leave AAD serving their own fixed site customers.

Where did you see that Dish pulled down the AAD HD distants? I believe Dish is providing them because AAD was not selling enough subscriptions to the HD distants to pay for the sat space,and just ended that service. And Dish has accomplished three things;
1. They are not fully competing with AAD, because they are not providing distants to dwellings.
2. By not providing to dwellings, it skips the whole qualifying process, where they got into trouble before.
3. By not knocking out AAD, at least those in white zones can still get distants, just not HD.
They may make some money, but I think the number of subscriptions will more cover the cost rather than make any real money. It is entirely possible at some future date they will expand the service, but it won't really matter to most because most won't qualify like they do with AAD.

Really good for rvers and truckers I'm sure they will be happy.Kind of sucks to those of us that could qualify for HD distants thru AAD though.Was nice to get an extra NFL game or 2 in HD,and to be able to timeshift.At least we have redzone.

Please, somebody set me straight if I'm reading Scott's post wrong.

I now have Dish service to the tune of about $115/mo at home. I have a motorhome with an automatic 3-lnb dish and take my VIP622s with us when we are on the road. I had HD national networks through ADD until March when they dropped HD and put me back to standard def, which cost about $12/mo. My 3 HD TVs in the motorhome are pretty much wasted since we watch/record the major networks most of the time.

I have been anxiously waiting for Dish to get back in the national feed business where we could get our HD back. I don't think I'm violating any rules since we take all 3 622s with us when we are on the road, with nothing left at home. You can imagine how elated I was to read the first few lines of Scott's post. Now for the cold shower part. Does this "separate account" business mean that I have to pay for the same service twice each month? Surely that can't be the case.

Please tell me I mis-read this...

Harley, I think you read it correctly. In addition to the two account requirement, unless things have changed, you can't have a receiver on more than one account either. Sounds like it's going to be ridiculously costly.

Harley, Why can't you transfer your 3 622's from your home account to the "RV" Account. That way you would have only one account to pay. When your not RVing you could bring them back into your house!

"Where did you see that Dish pulled down the AAD HD distants?"

Well I heard it myself from AAD when I lost my HD's and was reverted back to SD. They also said they received many complaints and hoped one day to be able to offer the HD's again.

I haven't seen anything that says Dish DNS is in HD, only the speculation by Forum guessers.

Weren't the ones that were up in testing in HD? Seems like I remember they were on Western Arc?

Harley, Why can't you transfer your 3 622's from your home account to the "RV" Account. That way you would have only one account to pay. When your not RVing you could bring them back into your house!

I agree. I dont see why he couldnt call Dish and explain the situation. Just say you're in the RV all the time and send the correct paperwork in

wish they would let everyone get the distant networks or let aad keep letting us get them but guess thats not going to happen :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)