DISH Network Launches Distant Networks

mike123abc said:
The last law change gave Dish the ability to do distants in exchange for carrying every market. Since Dish now carries every market (in SD and affliates that will play ball), they can offer distants. But, by carrying every market Dish cannot offer distants to any fixed address because they cannot offer distants to any market that they carry. So, only the RV/Trucker markets can be served by Dish.

So if they don't provide any networks in USVI we should qualify for distants? No

In theory, if Dish is not offering your locals, they could give you distants IF you are in what is called a "White Zone." That means you can't reasonably get your locals from an antenna.

I say in theory, because Dish is not offering distants to households at all, even if you would qualify, only to RV's, truckers....

Tampa8 said:
In theory, if Dish is not offering your locals, they could give you distants IF you are in what is called a "White Zone." That means you can't reasonably get your locals from an antenna.

I say in theory, because Dish is not offering distants to households at all, even if you would qualify, only to RV's, truckers....

Can not get a single station on the water here and dish offers no local networks, so I guess I qualify, now getting them is the challenge

Can not get a single station on the water here and dish offers no local networks, so I guess I qualify, now getting them is the challenge

unless you have a RV or semi, you do NOT qualify

from post 1
A customer cannot receive DISH Network Distant Network Service on a DISH Network customer account located at a fixed dwelling (e.g., the customer’s home address).

I dont understand why people don't get it. Dish can only sell distants to RV's and semi's.....no white areas, no home areas
No matter how the words are spun, the 1st post makes it easy to understand

Iceberg said:
unless you have a RV or semi, you do NOT qualify

from post 1

I dont understand why people don't get it. Dish can only sell distants to RV's and semi's.....no white areas, no home areas
No matter how the words are spun, the 1st post makes it easy to understand

Yes that offer does not apply to fixed dwelling, but Stella act 2010 would allow them to provide service here.

I emailed mydistantnetworks just in case there was something in the works....unfortunately: Hi Mike and thanks for your email and for being a customer. We will not be having HD in the future.

so Virgin Islands customers Englishtycoon, Jimdandy and Beeski can move onto our boats with our 722's....and we'll be eligible for HD networks? (Just Los Angeles feed since we only get 110 and 119). This wouldn't be so frustrating except for the fact that we used to have HD networks via Sobongo....taken away just in time for us to miss the Super Bowl, The Masters, The Final Four, etc. Piss poor marketing / customer support from Dish.

It could be worse. At least now for $12.95 a month we can get the big four networks in SD at home. For a couple of bucks more the feeds from both coasts. Add another $2.00 for PBS if you want it. At least if you watch the networks from the states you get to see the first round of the baseball play offs and/or they aren't announced in Spanish.

What will be worse is if the the two network affiliates (CBS & NBC ) which are based in the USVI and uplinked and currently are available to Dish subscribers in Puerto Rico suddenly become available in the USVI. Less network sports and I don't even think they have any HD programming even if Dish made the bandwidth available to carry it. The only plus would be saving a few buck a month since I am currently paying $12.95 for the networks and Dish is only giving us a $5.00 credit.

I do miss having the HD feeds from Chicago as it is my former home but I am great full to have Dish. The local cable company's pictures looked terrible and outages were frequent. The cable company just rolled out a few HD channels in May. I also save money with Dish even after having to pay for the locals. The cable company also charges $15 a month for a DVR.

Jim

What will be worse is if the the two network affiliates (CBS & NBC ) which are based in the USVI
the CBS is no longer uplinked. It use to be WVXF but then they changed to ThisTV and now "Live well".
Puerto Rico get the infamous WSEE from Erie, PA with the dude who wears the Hawaiian shirt and does "Carribean weather" ;)

In the VI its a cable only CBS (TV2)
TV2 (Virgin Islands) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where would Dish map the DNS channels when they are activated? 241-248 are being used by AAD?

There is no indication on the Dish DNS web page nor in the forms.

I submitted form on 5/22/2011 but Dish says to wait for 14 days before asking what is happening.

Since I started with Dish, I have been a full-time RVer with leased receivers, currently a VIP722K and VIP612. I don't need the ability to put my account on vacation as I always live in my trailer.

I have no use for Locals, want DNS (currently through AAD), preferably in HD.

This is a test to see if Dish really understands the RV marketplace because, so far, the rules that they have in place for DNS do not fit numerous full-time RVers who have Dish subscriptions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)