Dish Network Petition

jergenf said:
Charlie said a while back that mpeg4 will be announced at the end of the year. Don't expect to actually see any new receivers until 2006. Mpeg4 is more of an advantage to dish than to the customers so there's no reason to get upset.
I agree, it reduced their infrastructure costs. They can launch more channels on R1 in Mpeg2. I wouldn't mind keeping my 942 just the way it is.

Dish still has more HD than anyone. Cox in my area doesn't have s**t for HD.
They claim that they are more reliable than Dish, but I hooked my sat to my generator after the hurricane Ivan and Dennis and had tv instantly. After Ivan, I waited a month for Cox to get the cable back and a week after tiny Dennis.

I take my money to the provider who provides the best overall HD and SD service and value. That happens to be Dish, by a clear margin, in my area. Far, far better than my cable alternative.

GaryPen said:
That's exactly why I switched to cable. I have no emotional attachnment to any TV provider. I choose whichever one provides the most value to me.

And why I will continue to send my check into Dish every month.

Possible Dish Headlines

Scott Greczkowski said:
I wish Wall Street would pick up some of the real news about Dish Network. Dish is going to have a flat holiday season once again because of the lack of equipment.

Many people are going to be getting new HDTV's but won't by Dish because they know they are going to have to upgrade to MPEG4 a month or two later, and that cost of upgrading will come from their pocket.

I see a down forth quarter coming for Dish unless their R&D guys get on the ball and get some new equipment out the door by the end of November.

The flip side of this is all of those bright shiny HDTVs that drained the wallet will get free with multi-year commitment and a huge cancellation fee. "The new and improved 921 HD-DVR now with openTV support" for all of those that don't read SatelliteGuys. Those people will be screwed for a period long enough for the dust to settle on MPEG4.

Just my 2 cents.

Slamminc11 said:
LOL, yea, good luck with that. I for one don't have that complaint, so go forth and pay more for less. I'm good to go for now. I'm happy paying for what I have signed up for. I feel like I am getting a good deal and am very happy to say so. Maybe someday it will be different, but for now I will just say thanks Charlie for giving me the alternative to cable at a better price and except for LogoTV, all the channels I want.
I guess the difference between you and me is that for me, tv doesn't rule my world, my pocket book, or my life.

Logo TV?? Whats that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)