DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

So Directv's top package goes up $5? At least they get their sports pack added in. What does Dish subscribers get? They really need to add something to justify a $15 increase. Yes I know they don't have to justify anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A little more detail from Cnet. "Ever-higher subscription fees for satellite and cable are a fact of life, and DirecTV confirmed as much by announcing rate increases yesterday that will take effect in February 2013.
The average subscriber's bill will go up about 4.5 percent, although the individual increases vary quite a bit. The entry-level Choice package goes up a buck from $63.99 to $64.99, while the top-end Premiere package goes from $119.99 to $124.99. An HBO subscription goes from $15.99 to $17.99."

So as some pointed out, it's not just Dish raising the price of HBO.... though some wanted us to believe that.

I have 250 and BB@home right now and with a BB still open by my home, package has a bit of added value personally for me.

As much as I like HBO and HBO to go....I will be dropping it after the new year and looking to add when certain shows are on, unless Dish continues to offer half offs with premiums though I doubt HBO will be one of them.

I also think one of the reasons sportspack is not included with AEP is with Redzone and Strike Zonenow , its kind of there version of a premium sports pack.

Thought that would be a great add to AEP :)

I have 250 and BB@home right now and with a BB still open by my home, package has a bit of added value personally for me.

As much as I like HBO and HBO to go....I will be dropping it after the new year and looking to add when certain shows are on, unless Dish continues to offer half offs with premiums though I doubt HBO will be one of them.

With no stores within some 300 miles from me the package offers very little for us. If there still was a store that would be different.

I did see an ad for half off hbo the other day. May be worth a call for you. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

With no stores within some 300 miles from me the package offers very little for us. If there still was a store that would be different.

I did see an ad for half off hbo the other day. May be worth a call for you. :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Will look into that for sure....I can see the value not being as much with no BB around

Ouch
Check out the Directv thread. They just announced the price increases.
Seems right in line to Dish and Cables increases.
Seems all providers, cable and sat are getting big increases as the channels are raising there rates.

Am I misremembering, or did Dish advance their price increase 1mo? Usually we get the announcement from Direct, and then from Dish. But this year it was the other way around.

I'm holding out for the possibility the Sports Pack could be included in AEP. I've been paying for the Sports Pack in one annual payment for the last couple of years. I received a postcard in the mail last week that said they are getting rid of the annual payment option. I noticed they credited my account for the remainder of what I had on that plan and are now going to charge me a monthly rate. I'm not currently an AEP subscriber.

I'm holding out for the possibility the Sports Pack could be included in AEP. I've been paying for the Sports Pack in one annual payment for the last couple of years. I received a postcard in the mail last week that said they are getting rid of the annual payment option. I noticed they credited my account for the remainder of what I had on that plan and are now going to charge me a monthly rate. I'm not currently an AEP subscriber.

Don't know if that will happen, but that would be a nice add to AEP

Again to Dish I say this....Either add Sports pack and BB@home to AEP or change the stinking name!:rant::D

So Directv's top package goes up $5? At least they get their sports pack added in. What does Dish subscribers get? They really need to add something to justify a $15 increase. Yes I know they don't have to justify anything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Isn't Directv's Advanced TV fee going up $5?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts