Dish Question

Fullboat

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Ma
Hi All,

I have a Dish 1000+ and Dish 300 looking at 119,118,110 and 61.5.My programing is 120+,Greek elite package and free Starz for 12months.I got and email about a week and a half ago that mentioned I would be losing channels unless a Tech. paid me a visit(My move to and eastern arc and one less dish on my roof I thought) Nope.

Tech drops by and moves my dish two feet to the right(I kid you not)I check my setup
still looking at the same Sats.I call up Dish and they assured me that I'm receiving what I'm paying for O.K fine whatever.This Thursday my wife switches free Starz for 12months to free Platinum for 12months and now we are missing channels.

Do you guys think they will charge me for a new dish and/or realignment for channels I'm
getting for free or would it be easier to switch 119 which is mostly SD to 129 which I think
my 1000+ can get? Is that legal to do or would I be messing with my contract?

the tech should have put up the 1000 plus dish, i'm assuming you have the old school super dish, just unplug your reciever call dish and say your system isn't working. make sure they create a trouble call (not service call, big difference). a new tech should come out and put up a 1000 plus at no charge

I would like to take a look into this. Something seems a little off here, so if you could PM a phone number I can check into this a bit further I might be able to help. I can also set up the tech visit depending on the need for it.

DISH 1000+ is suppose to show all western arc orbits (110, 118.7, 119, and 129) There should be no reason to have 61.5 unless you have a "No Line of Sight" on any of those four orbits. If you do have a "No Line of Sight", then DISH should give you a 1000.4 and have them switch you to Eastern Arc orbits (61.5, 72.7, and 77).
EDIT: Just noticed your location Fullboat and I assume by looking at it, your in Massachusetts. It that's true, then you probably have a "No Line of Sight" at 129 and DISH should switch you to the Eastern Arc.

That's what I was thinking myself. That's what was weird about the whole thing, and why I would think the tech moved the dish two feet, perhaps in attempt to change the situation... The Greek+ programming is mainly available on 118.7, so on a pure EA install you'd lose some channels. What we need is an EA install with a 118.7 wing. Easily done if your game.

Anthony is right but remember 118.7 requires special LNB (for Ku band if I remember correctly) so you can't take a 'standard' dish/lnb (that's typically used for other Dish Network sats) and point at 118.7. It won't work. But if you had EA + (118 from Ku dish/lnb) then you should have all your channels.

You can point your dish to whatever sats you want as long as you're paying for (or legally receiving through promotion) the channels that you're watching. That's not a contract violation.

If you want to add programming, you might have to jump some hoops with level one CSR when their computer tells them that you need a dish upgrade... because if you do some DIY upgrades it won't match what they have in their records. I swapped in a Superdish myself a few years back to get German channels from 118. When I called they tried to convince me that I needed a different dish (b/c they had me down for my old 110/119/129) so I had to convince them that I did have the correct setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)