DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

There are definitely more alternatives out there than just DISH or DIRECTV. ...

Not around here. There are millions and millions of people across the country who have no other alternatives. I hope everybody remembers that when they start talking that merger crap again.

When the net offers live (real time as opposed to archived) channels, including locals and sports, THEN it will be a true alternative. I love my ROKU, but it's really only great for movies or reruns.

When the net offers live (real time as opposed to archived) channels, including locals and sports, THEN it will be a true alternative. I love my ROKU, but it's really only great for movies or reruns.
they have ESPN live, MLBtv, NHL center ice and the NBA basketball package all available on ROKU not to mention a couple aps that show live streaming local channels

they have ESPN live, MLBtv, NHL center ice and the NBA basketball package all available on ROKU not to mention a couple aps that show live streaming local channels

The trouble is that ESPN Live is not available over a ROKU if you sub to Dish or Direct, and you have to sub a level of programming that includes ESPN on the several other services that allow to it ....

When Dish dropped AMC suite, those channels came back several months later. I hope we are not seeing a trend. Let us see the college bowls first, then ESPN can swim away. The bowls should return to the networks anyway. Will ABC disappear with Disney ESPN?

College basketball has many games on ESPN. They could wait until April and then disappear.

Dish has launched DishWorld which is looking at pushing those barriers.

My Vols are currently playing on ESPNU, so I "borrowed" my mothers password and I'm using the Watch ESPN app on my Apple TV. I swear the picture quality looks better than ESPNHD on Dish. The colors just seem more vibrant than on Dish for some reason.

My Vols are currently playing on ESPNU, so I "borrowed" my mothers password and I'm using the Watch ESPN app on my Apple TV. I swear the picture quality looks better than ESPNHD on Dish. The colors just seem more vibrant than on Dish for some reason.
Check out a soccer game on Univision some time and see how you like their PQ on Dish. I don't know if it is Dish or ESPN that is the problem.

No need to swear it is better, by a lot.

Question when the new contract takes effect will I be able to access Watch ESPN on my Apple TV ?

I would assume so,but ya never know.I'm not even sure they are going to get a new deal done,the way things are going.Supposedly the sticking point is digital rights,such as watch espn.However,if you pay attention to the on going appeals and lawsuits,it seems like it's more about autohop.

problems with DVD and DVR since hooking up new TV

Is this the same ehd ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts