DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

yeah he said that a long time ago.

Why do people keep posting old stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The quote was from a longer article in the WSJ that was posted last night. In the article it did say that the quote was from last month. The main thrust of the article is that it is getting close to the deadline for the contract to be done without risking some service loss. It did not say they thought there would be no deal, but streaming rights similar to the TWC/CBS deal were one of the current hang ups.

"

Why do people keep posting old stuff?"

Scott, this article appeared in today's issue of the Wall St. Journal (9/5/2013). I provided the link as FYI. I've learned my lesson and will post a synopsis so people who can't access the article don't get mislead by the headline. As mike123abc stated there was much more content in the whole article vs the headline.

Tampa8 - I also apologize for the link not working. I've tried a couple of different ways to post a link that bypasses the pay wall without success. I'll post a PDF of an article the next time.

Last edited:

Why do people keep posting old stuff?

Scott, this article appeared in today's issue of the Wall St. Journal (9/5/2013). I provided the link as FYI.

The link was behind a pay wall unless one did a google search for the article title and it showed the article as just being updated today with a few updated lines added to the original story.

Its hard to keep up with what is current news and what is just rehashed too, with todays media

There will be a good deal in place, Dish can't afford to lose the amount of customers it would lose if they did anything to the ESPN HD feeds it already has let alone not add more right in the middle of College Football season. As a tech for Dish I'd switch the next day to Direct no matter what the situation is with working for them if I needed it to keep watching ESPN in HD. I'm damn near there already cause of the lack of ESPNU in HD, getting tired of waiting and we are already in week 2 of CFB season.

There will be a good deal in place, Dish can't afford to lose the amount of customers it would lose if they did anything to the ESPN HD feeds it already has let alone not add more right in the middle of College Football season. As a tech for Dish I'd switch the next day to Direct no matter what the situation is with working for them if I needed it to keep watching ESPN in HD. I'm damn near there already cause of the lack of ESPNU in HD, getting tired of waiting and we are already in week 2 of CFB season.

got to agree...........been waiting a long time for ESPNU 7 ESPN News + the Disney family in HD. Been with Dish for over 10 years, but these disputes are sure getting old. Almost left over the AMC dispute, but any lenghty removal of ESPN would push me over the line.

I would either switch or buy a base package on cable for one tv until my commitment runs out. But not really worried. I think we will get ESPNU and ESPNEWS in HD, LHN and WatchESPN. What I really am hoping is the WatchESPN because my TV in the basement is not hooked up to Dish, but has an xBox on it. I would be able to watch on the ESPN app on that TV if that is the case.

It is my hope that Charlie will play hard ball. I am ready for a 3 or 4 week outage of ESPN. Bring it on!

Speak for yourself. I figure you don't care because your not into sports. Ill do the same as JTBenson above. I'll just go with Time Warner or WOW for a bit till it gets resolved. It would be easy to do. Suspend my Dish account till it's settled. When it is I'll drop cable. No contract with those. If the worst happens. I'll go back to Direct. They send me a $200 EFT and welcome back ad every single week.

At my house we love our college football. I still believe a deal will be done though.

If DISH does get the HD for the other channels, I don't expect them on the first, but maybe within the first week or two after the get the signals and test everything out.

If DISH does get the HD for the other channels, I don't expect them on the first, but maybe within the first week or two after the get the signals and test everything out.

You obviously have more inside information than I do but if they know a deal will be done couldn't they start testing early to make it available right away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would either switch or buy a base package on cable for one tv until my commitment runs out. But not really worried. I think we will get ESPNU and ESPNEWS in HD, LHN and WatchESPN. What I really am hoping is the WatchESPN because my TV in the basement is not hooked up to Dish, but has an xBox on it. I would be able to watch on the ESPN app on that TV if that is the case.

Yeah I have to say WatchESPN would be super nice to get - right now I have to depend on a family member that subs to Comcrap TV to use their login to access it but seems they are always having to change the password so its getting old having to keep up with it just to stream it in on my phone out and about or thru my internet service which is the highest paid/fastest package with Comcast just for internet. Makes no damn sense how I can't get it with that package of internet but someone with a basic TV package can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)