DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Well done! With a 722, a 622, and two 211s the whole auto hop issue was a nonissue for me. Glad to see a bucketload of HD to get lit up. Can the system handle that many more HD channels without having to do a lot of over compression or do the birds have sufficient bandwidth? Good news though.

This quote makes me think so,but does it include other devices?Would like to know more about this quote.

http://about.dish.com/press-release...twork-sign-groundbreaking-long-term-wide-rang

New Multi-Year Deal to Deliver Best in Sports, News and Entertainment to DISH Customers, In and Out of the Home
DISH First to Secure Rights to Carry Disney, ABC and ESPN Networks for Over-the-Top, Personal Subscription Service
Landmark Deal Adds Disney Junior, Fusion, Longhorn Network, ESPN3, To-Be-Launched SEC ESPN Network and the Full Suite of Authenticated WATCH Services
Expanded Video-On-Demand Content Available to DISH Customers at Home, On-The-Go
Dismissal of All Legal Proceedings Between the Two Companies

The extensive and expanded distribution agreement grants DISH rights to stream cleared linear and video-on-demand content from the ABC-owned broadcast stations, ABC Family, Disney Channel, ESPN and ESPN2, as part of an Internet delivered, IP-based multichannel offering.

This bolded part from the Dish press release makes me think perhaps a standalone IP delivered Dish package thru a Roku, AppleTV or Hopper without satellite might be in the future

Well guys speaking of my gut... I am signing off for tonight as I need to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30am for some tests to my stomach.

So goodnight everyone :D

This bolded part from the Dish press release makes me think perhaps a standalone IP delivered Dish package thru a Roku, AppleTV or Hopper without satellite might be in the future
Dishworld perhaps, which already exists?

Well...it finally happened. Good to see it finally worked out. :up

Now the legal team can start sharpening their pencils to appease FOX. :D

Be aware...... look out for all of the Directv customers that are going to switch over to Dish. It's gonna be a wildfire xD

Finally a TV/internet provider in Idaho has WatchESPN, ESPN3, ESPNews HD, and ESPNU HD!!!!

Be aware...... look out for all of the Directv customers that are going to switch over to Dish. It's gonna be a wildfire xD

Finally a TV/internet provider in Idaho has WatchESPN, ESPN3, ESPNews HD, and ESPNU HD!!!!

Dont hold your breath.... DirecTV's negotiating the Disney contract now. Give it some time. :) DirecTV's contract is up this summer.

I want to say THANK YOU to every SatelliteGuys member who participated in this thread. With over 2,000 replies and almost a half million views of this thread we have shown the world what kind of place we are here at SatelliteGuys.

We showed the world we could have FUN and yet keep the information flowing.

We understood we could have over moderated and removed all off topic posts but we figured we might as well let them stay so people could talk about, make fun of the topic all while learning the latest news, rumors and gut feelings. We hope you found this thread enjoyable as well as informative. That is what SatelliteGuys is about. We know we can't talk satellite all the time and this thread proves it, but it was done in a fun way while still keeping it mostly on topic. :)

When the news broke tonight we were the first satellite site to report the news, I am proud of that!

And yes my Gut was correct on this one. :D

Since we no longer have sponsors I would like to take a moment and thank the support of our Pub Members for helping us keep the lights on for everyone! If you believe in SatelliteGuys and want to help us keep the lights on please CLICK HERE.

Thank you everyone for choosing SatelliteGuys as your source for Satellite News, Talk and Information! :D

Thank you Scott,for allowing us to rant,jib,jab,gab,and everything in between,whilst this deal was hashed out.It's been fun.

Looks like disney will get access to the dish internet viewing stats to customize ads.
Beats nielson when they can use the box call in data to target their ads.

Sent using SatelliteGuys Android App

Quick,unplug your phone,ethernet,and wifi adapters!!:eek::D

Well guys speaking of my gut... I am signing off for tonight as I need to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 7:30am for some tests to my stomach.

So goodnight everyone :D

All this Disney vs Dish stuff has really taken a toll on your gut!Hope it's not ulcers!

Seriously,best of luck with the tests.:)

http://about.dish.com/press-release...twork-sign-groundbreaking-long-term-wide-rang

That is sort of what I was thinking as well,that would be pretty cool.

Question

So announcement specifies "ABC owned stations" will have to wait for 3 days for Autohop. If my local ABC station is an affiliate, privately owned, does that mean I still get Autohop the first night, or am I reading this wrong?
Since I don't watch sports or have small kids, most of this isn't a big deal, but I upgraded to the Hopper for Autohop & I'll be reconsidering my choices if things are being changed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)