Dish you suck at HD

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Take a look at tonight's ESPN-HD MNF game Packers/Seahawks, I have seen tons of swimming grass during games, now watch the dancing SNOW.

Just cram more HD channels per TP Dish like your so good at.

Losers

I don't think this one is dish's fault, but I could be wrong. My cable ESPN HD looks almost like it has the same problems.

Honestly I have Comcast and typically they look fantastic. I noticed all the wide angle shots doing the same thing. Unfortunate as I am trying out a LCD to replace my old Rear Projection monitor. I had my issues with the LCD before hand but man now I don't know what to believe!

Edit: Fan shots looked pretty good just the field shots looked poor.

Honestly I have Comcast and typically they look fantastic. I noticed all the wide angle shots doing the same thing. Unfortunate as I am trying out a LCD to replace my old Rear Projection monitor. I had my issues with the LCD before hand but man now I don't know what to believe!

Edit: Fan shots looked pretty good just the field shots looked poor.

Everyone, cancell dish and go over to cable because everything is better.
Just look at all these kind of posts. It must be true! :D

Take a look at tonight's ESPN-HD MNF game Packers/Seahawks, I have seen tons of swimming grass during games, now watch the dancing SNOW.

Just cram more HD channels per TP Dish like your so good at.

Losers

looks like someone needs to go sit in the corner and take a chill pill.

Game is coming in perfectly on Adelphia so it is a problem with D* and E*,this a quote form AVS forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchbouncer
I was having serious doubts about continueing my service with D*,even though I didn't have them side by side(the services) memory was telling me that Adelphia was the clear winner.

Yes, Adelphia HD PQ beats D* by a mile and even the SD PQ is better. I would drop D* immediately and expand my Adelphia Internet to include TV, except for the NFL, Not having ST but with a big help from D* DNS, I can see a total of 8 games today with 6 in HD.

Quote:
Have you watched channel 9 (WUSA)news,my Adelphia feed seems much better than D*

Yes, I have and agree Adelphia Cable WUSA HD is equal to OTA. 9.1 local news is my favorite because of HD. Those newscasts have unbelievable HD PQ! Can't imagine how good it would be if they didn't multicast!

The Ravens look awesome or perhaps the Steelers are just plain sub-par!

Last edited:
NO Dish Rocks at HD!! Its not always on the providers end if a HD Channel is having issue's! ESPN has had some equipment issues on their end before so no one can just blame Dish or whoever. Things will only look as good as what ESPN or that network has on their end. So get the facts straight and it for all we know it could be your TV. Point is that I watched the game last night looked fine to me yes their been some games that have looked better on ESPN. But thats due to the equipment ESPN was using at that event. They don't always use the something at every event. Either way just goes to show some folks are clueless when it comes to HD.

I'd go with ESPN's fault too.

Look at Sunday afternoons Fox game, they should be shot to call that crap HD. CBS's HD was spot on as usual. Fox's nighttime game however was much better and almost on par with CBS.

Not all the equipment is equal and it deppends a lot on the original broadcast.

FWIW I get CBS out of Detroit OTA, Lansing OTA, and over the Dish in MPEG4. Detroit looked best, then Dish, then Lansing.

Dish is just slightly behind Detroit OTA from my short viewings. I'm going to record Jericho tommorow night off of the OTA and Dish feed to see how they match up.

Either they have a mix of old and new equipment or the engineers at the differnent games are not of the same caliber but usually its the originators fault.

Everyone, cancell dish and go over to cable because everything is better.
Just look at all these kind of posts. It must be true! :D

Honestly, I left dish because of the same thing a long time ago. There is normally a pretty big difference. My wife even noticed. This was when the 811's first came out and before HD lite. I recall HDnet always looking fantastic but the others were hot as good.

I do regret my decision though as Voom was on the horizon and at my outlet we still don't get ESPN2HD, or basically anything beyond were dish used to be except dish all my HD locals.

Yeah ESPN has had some issues in the past month or two that they said they would address. I think part of the issue with ESPN sometimes is that they try covering so much stuff in HD. That they can't always have the same equipment at all the events. Which means some events will look better than others do so over time I would think they would get more equipment to do the job. I think by 1st of next year they will half to have a lot of this addressed. Due to they will start covering NASCAR again and they will have many more viewers than what they have had over the last several years. Which means more folks will be wanting to see the races in HD and want it to look good. So they will half to make sure they have enough hardware to do everything right. ESPN has their hands full since they cover so much unlike alot of channels can do everything in house. Which means its not has hard for them to do more in HD so forth..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)