Done with Dish Network!!!

Again it is just Dish's way of making their packages look cheaper, and socking it to you in the back end with fees.
I have no problem with Dish or any provider lowering package prices and having people pay a separate fee for protection/insurance. If one does pay for protection, then they should not be charged at all. That is why they pay for protection in the first place.

Honestly, why pay for something if they are still going to charge you anyway?

Do you have insurance of any kind? It's called deductible, or better yet, Co-pay.
We are not talking about health or auto insurance, ex, KAB. Nice spin. We are talking about a small amount of money to cover a small expense by a provider

Since you asked and we are talking about TV, yes I have protection with DirecTV. And I pay $0 for visits, repairs, and replacement. That is the purpose of having protection. If they were to still charge me, then I would not pay for the protection. Dish is the ONLY provider that charges you for protection AND visits.

When I used to work service for cable we had 2 billing codes we used. 1 was billed back to cable for faulty equipment etc & basically no fault on customers part. Customers never payed a dime when this code was used. The other was billed back to the customer. This was used if the tech found or deemed that the customer caused the service call.

Do you have insurance of any kind? It's called deductible, or better yet, Co-pay.
Gimmie a Break!:rolleyes:

This is a Protection plan for repairs and service calls.

Ok if someone hits my truck and causes damage, My deductable is covered by the violator. Not ME!

If my Truck is Under the factory Warranty when it breaks down , Its cost free!

If I crash my truck and it needs to be towed, its free, because thats what I pay towing for.

If my D* system malfunctions its free to fix, Becuase D* doesn't charge me Bogus Extra fees when I pay for the protection plan. :rolleyes:

When my receivers need to get sent back to D* they don't charge me $15 to return equipment that isn't even mine.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enough with the Dish Network love.
They clearly suck with their way they handle their customers and their business.

I'm sorry I don't own the equipment, Dish does. If it breaks they replace or repair it. Obvious negligence aside. I am renting it from them.

Now if it is one of my owned boxes I expect nothing from them. Now in the 8 years I have had Dish I have never had an out of pocket repair/install or replacement either. so I would expect it now.

Dish has always charged for a tech coming to your house. Prior to the price increase, you could get a home protection plan that would make a visit a flat fee. The plan still exists but how it works is slightly different and it costs 1 cent more. The only time you may not have seen a charge is with installation or a upgrade through a plan, but the charge was there, a credit just made it net to zero.

All of that said. It isn't uncommon for people to build a relationship with a local company that re-sells dish service. And have that company always as you to call them if you have a problem. And then that company willing to have someone stop by and take a look. If they can fix it by tweaking a dish, they'll do it and not charge you anything. That's been my experience at least. But anytime you schedule through Dish, you'll have to deal with the fees.

My guess is the tech ran through tests and found that the issue wasn't with the receiver, and is instead is with the wiring or the LNB or alignment. Thus if you want it fixed, you can check those things, or you can just have dish send someone out to do it.

Anyone forgetful about fees, look back at 2007 when someone else was complaining about what would have been a $99 fee. This is not a new charge from Dish. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/101137-dish-service-call.html

It is a rip off that Dish charges for all repairs. I am well aware of the lease vs rental arguments. But, that is their business model and how they make money. Unfortunately you do not know this when you sign up unless you carefully read and study the customer agreement (like anyone really reads it).

Unfortunately you do not know this when you sign up unless you carefully read and study the customer agreement (like anyone really reads it).
Well when E* changes it every other week, That makes it kind of hard to know whats going on even for the people who do read it.:(

All they do is find a way to keep screwing their customers throuout their 24 month stay.
:rant:

Up to six months ago (last time), I never have paid. Get off the malcontent bandwagon.

If it was an antenna problem like a bad LNB they didn't charge. They also just shipped receivers for subs to install back then. Not any longer. They did charge fees depending on the problem. The standard truck roll was $59 before the last changes.

What happens when a computer stops working? Do you not have to pay to fix it?

Try dell, even with a warranty they will still charge you for on the phone support in some cases.

These things are computers. It cost dish 150 bucks per truck roll, 6 bucks a month x 12 = 72 + 15 for a co pay(aka i got sick and need a doctor) is only 87 bucks.

Thats a loss on ever roll, if its one per year. NOT including LNBs or Receivers being replaced.

I'll be the first to agree that it's pretty ridiculous that they charge another fee on top of the protection plan. It's not worth keeping ever. However, I think a lot of posters here have unrealistic expectations.

The "They own it, they can fix it" mentality is asinine. Much like any other leased product, you are required to pay for upkeep. Cars being the primary example. If you have that mentality, you're just fixing yourself up for a lot of anger and frustration when something does go wrong. You may be able to bitch your way into a free service call, but you'll pay with your time and patience.

I'm no Dish fanboi either. I work for the company and would never recommend anyone else to work for them. I am able to see the reality of the situation though. That reality is: there isn't a satco/telco/whateverco around that will eat the costs in situations like this. Ya, they may toss the occasional bone for "customer satisfaction" but make no doubt about it, you're paying for it one way or the other.

If you want to pay for peace of mind then go with Comcast. They'll make sure to include those extra charges every month. You may never use it, but you'll be paying for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)