Doomsday Scenario About to Happen?

Dish has many other channels that show that old stuff.
You can buy some reasonable quality DVDs for old shows for not too much money. I think I bought a box set of Gilligan's Island for a little over $40. It is worth it just to lose the class of ads that subchannels seem to attract. I paid quite a bit for M*A*S*H but have never looked back.

Reactions: fhsucade07
If Nick goes dark my 10 year old will be very unhappy which will make my wife very unhappy, which will make my life extremely miserable. :eeek
Kids are remarkably resilient. Unlike adults and more intensely, teenagers, little kids get over stuff a lot more easily.
A couple days after Nick goes away, the little ones will be on to something else.

Reactions: fhsucade07
Kids are remarkably resilient. Unlike adults and more intensely, teenagers, little kids get over stuff a lot more easily.
A couple days after Nick goes away, the little ones will be on to something else.

First of all 10 is not a 'little kid' anymore. Mine is more like a teenager than a little kid and if you think she's just gonna let it go then you sure don't know my 10 year old.

Reactions: Troch77
First of all 10 is not a 'little kid' anymore. Mine is more like a teenager than a little kid and if you think she's just gonna let it go then you sure don't know my 10 year old.
Get her into sports, girl scouts or a million other things that we all did as youths

Get her into sports, girl scouts or a million other things that we all did as youths

Are you kidding me?!? Child rearing advice from juan?!? As my 10 year old would say; 'seriously'?!? :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

Back on topic, please.

No advice. .just remembering my youth when we only had 3 channels and one tv

Thanks juan. We only had 3 channels too.

My little one is in Girl Scouts, Chorus and has many, many other activities. She also has a desktop computer, an Android phone and tablet, a Hopper, Nintendo, etc., etc., etc. She still likes Nic and would not be happy if it went away. ;)

Reactions: Troch77
Huh. My 11yo daughter quit watching Nick at least three years ago.

She still likes The Thundermans and the endless Full House reruns even though Disney channel is her current favorite.

And hey, me and other family members also watch Friends on Nic at Nite very often.

Reactions: TheKrell
My 8 year old is the same way. She fills the DVR with those shows, and would not be a happy camper if they went away.

No body asked for your observations.
If I want your parenting advise I'll ask for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Well its Jan 1st and we still have Viacom.... It looks like when they made a deal 10 years ago it was in Feb. So my guess is the contract is over Jan31st or mid Feb...I really dont want to lose Comedy Central/Palladia but for the rest of their channels i could care less...

They are all a waste of money. I am thinking of going to the Welcome Pack and there are very few channels that I will miss, but I will get over them. Children can too. They are more adaptable than adults are. Though much more spoiled than I was a a child.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts