Falling Skies - TNT

Last episode was pretty predictable... As much as I enjoy it, there's still something about it that I don't like that I can't put my finger on. Maybe I'm so used to LOST that I expect too much. Sometimes it almost feels too sugar-coated and the scenes feel awkward. Maybe they shouldn't have shown the aliens so early to build up suspense a bit. BUT, I do like all the local references :)

-Mike

I just finished catching up. I am interested to see the finale tomorrow night. Hope we get some clue about the new aliens that appear to be in command and how much transforming the harnesses are actually doing to the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I just finished catching up. I am interested to see the finale tomorrow night. Hope we get some clue about the new aliens that appear to be in command and how much transforming the harnesses are actually doing to the kids.

Couldnt agree with you more on that:) im betting on a dud for a season ending;):) they had a the beginning episodes saturday night and the rest of them sunday starting at 12 pm est and 11 pm cst :)

It was an interesting and entertaining finale. Hate that we have to wait 10 months for the next season.

Tom will probably think of some ancient roman battle strategy to get himself out of this predicament.

mike123abc said:
I hope if they bring it back that they do more episodes. 9 episodes a year is a bit thin.

The commercials during the finale said the next season was already under production. I am annoyed that it won't be back until next summer. I was hoping for a mid winter premiere, like a lot of other cable shows that split the season between a summer arc and a winter arc.

I hope if they bring it back that they do more episodes. 9 episodes a year is a bit thin.

I hope so too but it was actually 10 episodes and that is common fora cable series. It is also what wiikipedia claims is the order for next year.

Falling Skies’ Season One Finale Snags Good Ratings
Aug 9, 2011 by Michael Crider
Tags: falling skies
The ‘Falling Skies’ finale Sunday night was the most-watched episode since the June premiere, scoring over 5 million viewers. That makes it the most successful new show on basic cable.Falling Skies has been a surprise hit on TNT, a fact that’s become even more apparent as the numbers for the feature-length finale have come in. The two-hour episode netted 5.6 million viewers, according to a press release from the network.That makes the finale the most-watched episode since the premiere on June 19th, which scored slightly better at 5.9 million viewers (and a full 8 million in the Live +7 ratings). Falling Skies has averaged 4.8 million viewers across the 10-episode freshman season, numbers to make any cable show (and many broadcast shows) jealous. About 50% of viewers are watching on DVR devices, so the finale’s ratings should increase significantly when the +7 ratings come in two weeks.The genre show is also performing surprisingly well in the all-important 18-49 demographic: 2.5 million viewers of Sunday night’s finale fell in the range. With that, Falling Skies is the best-performing new basic cable show this year. TNT renewed the show after its fourth episode, and Season 2 is currently scheduled for another 10-episode run next summer.The show’s success is even more surprising given its unashamedly sci-fi premise. Science fiction shows have been falling left and right for the last year: No Ordinary Family, V, The Event, Caprica, Stargate Universe… it’s refreshing to see a genre show get a good jump out of the gate.Audience reactions to Falling Skies have been mostly positive, with critical reactions to match. If for no other reason, a good chunk of the viewership will probably return next year just to find out what happened after the impressive finale cliffhanger.Falling Skies is also making a splash on international television. According to TNT, the show is the best-performing launch ever for parent company Turner in Spain, Germany and Austria, with strong performances in the UK, Australia and Germany. The series launched almost simultaneously in over a hundred markets.
Falling Skies is scheduled to return to TNT in the summer of 2012.

Just watched the finale, the kid's attack on the radio you could see coming a mile away (though how they did it was a surprise), but the rest had some good twists. The HF radio "interference" against a seemingly advanced civilization was a bit hard to believe, BUT a lot better than the virus uploaded to the mother ship in Independence Day ;) Definitely didn't see the ending coming at all with Tom.

Glad to see it's coming back since only a few decent SciFi shows left...

-Mike

I think the virus in Independence Day was intended more as a joke/homage to H.G. Wells than anything else.

While I would not call this my ATF Sci Fi show I enjoed it and will be back for next year.

I like this show and am glad to see it is re-newed. I wasn't going to watch it as it seems like new shows that come out that I like get cancelled just as I'm getting into them.
Anyway falling skies is entertaining and hope it keeps that going. To bad we have to wait so long for the 2nd season.
I have the episodes dvr'd to watch later on again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)