FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

RandallA said:
I just hope they move all the HD content out of 129 and put it on 118.7.
That'd be nice, but it looks like they're putting the Int'ls on the 118.7!! that suks for most people i'd imagine. The few of us foreigners in this country are very happy though!

Our int'l channels were just fine on the 121, and you HD folk really suffer with your 2-gyro broke-re-aligning-with-thrusters 129.

bummer.

SmityWhity said:
We all know you must be careful with CSR when telling them what type of dish or dishes you have; so I wonder what are they going to call a "SuperDish with a Repoint Kit"?

Will it make it a "Dish 500+" or "Dish 1000+" depending on which repoint kit you install?

Maybe "SuperDish 500+" and "SuperDish 1000+"!
Can I make a 121 Superdish (located in NJ) see 110/119/118/129 ?

MikeCTM2 -- It don't matter to me where they put the channel; I have Denver locals, HD-Silver, and the Korean package. No problem receiving 61.5, 110, 119, 121, 129, and 148. I probably could adjust the SuperDish 121 to pick up 105 if needed. It's about time to restack the line-up, I just hope they get all of the Korean on 1 bird - either 121, 118.7, or 129, so that I could go with one non-modified dish, although 2 non-modified dishes would also be acceptable.

Right now to switch between "Jesus TV" and "Buddhist TV" I use 61.5 on a 2nd (side) dish, since 121 doesn't have "DTN" and "ONGME", but it looks like they are planning on putting it all on 118.7.

So I've disconnected the 121 on my SuperDish, and attached an additional LNBF to the SD-121 to pick-up 129. It appears there will not be much future left for 121.

shlin -- Anything can be made! But it is easier to buy, or buy something close and modify it.

Either way, I would like to keep my SuperDish 121, and retrofit it with the "Dish 1000+ Repoint Kit" to get 119/110/118.7/129. Then I could take down the D500 I am using just for 61.5.

Last edited:
Isn't that what they are installing for the 110, 119, 129 areas like Dallas?

The installer told me he's installing a DISH 1000 dish on our roof. It has 3 LNBs and they are DPP.

Mikef5 said:
I'd like to know when they'll be available also, it's one of the things that I'm waiting for before I drop cable and switch to Dish.

Laters,
Mikef5
You know, multiple dish installations can look good, sounds to me like you are waffling a bit there Mike. :p :D

Chimney_mount_Antenna.jpg

You know, multiple dish installations can look good, sounds to me like you are waffling a bit there Mike. :p :D
So do you track the shuttle with those ???? :p;) Actually, I've given up waiting on the new dishes to come out, I can always upgrade later. The only hold up now is Dish getting FSN-BayArea HD or the ending of the baseball season, which ever comes first. I just can't live without the Giants ( or the A's ) in HD. Nice setup though, NASA would be proud :p

Laters,
Mikef5

That's CPanther95's setup, mine is much more ragged looking, definitely function over form at my place. Got 4(1 DirecTV 3 Dish) up already and getting set to add a fifth(SC) this week. :p

As I have never installed on the side of a house like that, how long should be the bolts be and wouldn't you run into a problem hitting the actual flue especially if those are typical North Carolina Bricks that aren't solid.

HDTVFanAtic said:
As I have never installed on the side of a house like that, how long should be the bolts be and wouldn't you run into a problem hitting the actual flue especially if those are typical North Carolina Bricks that aren't solid.
You'd have to ask CP, but I'd guess they would have to be at least 2" masonry lag bolts.

Dpp44

Question:
my dpp44 on a 622 reciever will not see the lnb from dish 500, check switch says N/C. I switched the input cables on port 3 and 4 and same N/C responce.
It see's the three dish 1000 lnb's ok . dish 500 now pointed at 61.5 but still N/C, but if I hook it up to reciever directly, without the dpp44, the 622 will see 61.5 after running check switch. the lnb's show up as (twin-twin-dual-N/C)

I have been around satellites a while, used to install them when they were bigger. I go back far enough to remember when the industry laughed at Charlie when he said he wanted to put up his own satellites.
Thanks Jack Moran

Will the 1000 plus run with a dpp34 switch or does it "require" a dpp44 switch ?? The reason I ask is, I only don't need sat 118 just 119, 110 and 129 and I'd like to avoid the 2 dish set up. It looks like the dish 1000.2 is MIA and I'm willing to buy my own plus dish to see if it helps with the problems with sat 129 I just don't need 4 sats. Thanks.

Laters,
Mikef5

With all these options for dishes, what should I expect...currently have a DISH 500 with locals (501 - no HD yet, only OTA HD), wanting to upgrade to a 622 with HD (locals - St. Louis). Apparently, the STL HD locals are on 118...can I just get a 1000+ to receive my locals in addition to the other HD content? From reading, it seems I need my current 110 and 119, plus 118 (St Louis HD locals), plus 129 (remaining HD content?) Or do I need a separate dish pointing to 61.5 for HD? Any opinions on the best solution for an upgrade to DISH HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)