FIRST LOOK - Hopper OTA Module

Absolutely. Look at Solid Signal or other online folks for GOOD OTA antennas. That one is for catching buyers, not signals.

yea i ordered a ota doogle from dish yesterday and it should be here in the next couple of days.going to get the antenna at the end of the month should i get a preamp with the antenna also.

yea i ordered a ota doogle from dish yesterday and it should be here in the next couple of days.going to get the antenna at the end of the month should i get a preamp with the antenna also.
What is your zip code?

Go to TVfool.com and put in your address. It will give a diagram of ota channels, how far away, in what direction and a general idea of the type of antenna you will need.

Not looking good for Allen... I think his friend with the indoor antenna is receiving the two locals, maybe, but nothing else...
I'm skeptical of him even getting those two stations although something is showing up ! 37 miles away picked up by an indoor antenna is pretty impressive.

Years ago, over at AVS, I read a post from someone that pretty much said, "if the antenna looks cool, avoid it". At bluegras' distance, I would not be recommending any indoor antennas (unless it's bought locally and can be returned easily when it doesn't work). It appears that the Peoria stations are all UHF, ranging from 37 to 51 miles, for ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and PBS, and 4 of the 5 are clustered together (FOX is located at a different site, albeit closer).

Menards has this: http://www.menards.com/main/electri...gital-outdoor-tv-antenna/p-1865153-c-6295.htm. They stock it in the Peru store, meaning they sell them. Looking at a map, people in Peru are either getting Chicago locals or Peoria's.... Oh, it's half the price of the Walmart one too.

Solid Signal allows you to input your zip code and will recommend antennas (based on ones they've sold for that zip code or surrounding ??) and they say "no antennas found".

Last edited:
No matter how radio / tv waves travel they are still the same today. It does not matter if its analog or high definition signal, they are radio waves just the same and have not changed in the last 75 years. A fancy cool looking antenna is not going to pick up signals any better than the antennas of yesteryear. In fact many of the fancy looking antennas are more of a gimmick then anything. You are spending money for a cool look, but its costing you in the reception departement which is the main reason you want an antenna anyways.

Reactions: steff3
A smart, but unscrupulous, retailer could put the same antenna side by side on the shelf, one labeled "UHF/VHF Antenna" and the other one "Digital HDTV Antenna", mark the 2nd one at a higher price, and it would probably outsell the other !

I bought a simple Radio Shack U75R (UHF only) antenna years ago. In our old house, it was hung in the attic. At our new house, I put it on a metal pole, slipped that pole inside a buried pole for a Directv dish that I dismantled when we moved in. It's maybe 10' high and aimed at Cincinnati's stations about 30 miles away and I get them all. There is (1) VHF station that I don't get, of course. I'm less than 10 miles from Dayton's towers and get them full-strength even though I'm aimed almost 180º off-axis from them.

what do you guys think of this one
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mohu-le...hite/3488006.p?id=1219091715162&skuId=3488006

i need something that will put in tv stations about 50 miles away such as peoria-bloomington tv stations i should be able to pull wwto channel 35 tower is 15 min from my house.i rather stick with something that is indoor something i can put on my dresser or on my wooden wall with mounting brackets to screw in the wood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts