Front Page : Santa Bringing New HD for DISH Network Customers? (Rumor) Discussion

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
On the front page:
Santa Bringing New HD for DISH Network Customers?

Rumor alert... it looks like Santa may be delivering a little holiday cheer to DISH Network customers a little early this year. Look for a special HD delivery from Santa tomorrow before 5 PM ET!
What I am thinking (LOL):
(1) Does anyone know what channels are expected to launch in HD on Dish?
(2) If not, what channels would you like to see?

My thoughts (and I am not confirming anything is true about what I am saying because this is news to me):
I wonder if ABC Family will be back in HD for their Christmas specials.
I would not mind MoviePlex still just to complete the three "Plex" channels, and I know some may say it plays some of the same programming. However, East and West feeds do. In addition, I saw The Family Stone was on the local Ion, Ion East, Ion West, and FX at the same time but with some time off. I have nothing against The Family Stone, but did it have to be on four channels at the same time? :D

I would not mind seeing anything new. It seems like it has been a while. :)

Best Xmas present for me from Charlie, et al would be getting rid of the HD and DVR fees! :D
Not going to happen though. :(

I'm still holding out hope for Outdoor Channel HD.

I love the programming, but I hate paying a-la-carte for SD!!!!

-SF

It was up in testing, but I think it went away although I cannot confirm that.
I agree with what you are saying. Wasn't it $1.99 a la carte, and now it is $3.00? Does Sportsman Channel come in HD if you buy it a la carte?

any idea what the new rumoured hd channels are and when we will get them?if you want pm me i just got my 6th back surgery and i have hospital and doctor bills to pay.i will figure out my finances and be a pub member again thats why i let it expire so i could pay doctor and hospital bills off otherwise i would have renewed it and i plan on it when i can.im on disability and make a certain amount a month..thank you for any replies and help:)

Last edited:
One of the benefits of Pub Membership is that the rumors are posted there first. I'm sure Scott will post the rumored channel(s) later today.:D

dish better not put the fees back to normal. that was the major factor in my change to D. i miss the plex and retro cant weight to see what new channels E can pull out of the hat.

agree on putting there fees back to normal as they should do what direct does as i have heard and seen with fees towards there dvrs:)dish should do the same....any idea what the new rumoured hd channels are and when we will get them?if you want pm me i just got my 6th back surgery and i have hospital and doctor bills to pay.i will figure out my finances and be a pub member again thats why i let it expire so i could pay doctor and hospital bills off otherwise i would have renewed it and i plan on it when i can.im on disability and make a certain amount a month..thank you for any replies and help:)

Last edited: