Galaxy 3c for direct tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

soyticodepz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 19, 2006
I have direct tv in Costa Rica. Does anybody know what satellite they use for direct tv latin america? Is it Galaxy 3c?

Can I bring one of the receivers I have in Costa rica to the US and watch the same channels?

I already have a 76cm dish pointed at Galaxy 3c and I am getting the FTA channels. Can I get a dss lnb and hook the direct tv receiver to receive the direct tv programming?

Thanks.

yes DTV LA is on G3

no you cannot take your reciever to COsta Rica and use it there. The receiver is designed for DirecTV US....DTV LA has their own recievers

Also, they use a low band (10.7-11.7) circular LNB...nothing we have here in the US

I actually have the latinamerica receiver here in the US. The receiver's signal meter is up to 88% but I don't get any channel. Of course I am using the standard lnb that came with the 76cm dish.

What I am trying to get is the latinamerican signal here in the US. Do you think I could get one of those lnbs?

What about this one: Invacom TWH-031 Universal Twin LNBF?
(input frequency 10.7-12.75)

I probably will have to bring the lnb am using down in Costa Rica, right?

wont work. You need a specific LNB

it has to have low band AND be circular polarity (in the same thing)

OK, LET'S SEE, What if I bring the lnb am using down in Costa Rica? Since I already got 88% signal on g3c, that probably would work, right?

that LNB WILL NOT WORK

It has to be a low band (10.7-11.7) or universal (10.7-12.75) CIRCULAR. Most LNB's are linear. DBS LNB's are circular but don't have the correct frequencies.

Its an oddball LNB

thanks for your help. There is one thing I do not understand: why the lnb I have in Costa Rica works there, but if I bring it here it won't work? Using the same lnb and the same d la receiver.

soyticodepz said:
thanks for your help. There is one thing I do not understand: why the lnb I have in Costa Rica works there, but if I bring it here it won't work? Using the same lnb and the same d la receiver.

Even if you brought the LNB to america I dont think it will work, DirectTV Latin America is on a Spot beam i beleive that only points to to that Costa Rica / south america area. The 'beam" does not reach the US I do not think except maybe bits of Fl and if your outside of that area no matter if you have the right equipment you dont receive the signal. At least that's what lyngsats website tells me.

Last edited:
soyticodepz said:

a, because thats a diffrent division of directv (directv latin america)
b, the satellites they are using are only pointing to that reion
c, they are using dirrfent "technology" in latin america than us as iceberg stated.

I have 80% signal of G3C with a 76cm dish, but I am using a standard lnb.
With that lnb I am able to get the guide, with the costa rican time and all the channel lineup, but the video/audio won't work.

Folks, DirecTV Latin America works in the USA.

Just take the LNBF you have from Costa Rica, you can get signal in the U.S., except you need a bigger dish. The standard dish they use in Costa Rica, the 18", won't work in most of America, except in Miami.

I live in the Bay Area. I can get signal from a 36" dish (marginal) and a 48" dish (decent). Of course, I am using the LNBF of DirecTV Latin America, not the one from DirecTV USA nor any Ku-band LNBF...

You also need the DirecTV Latin America receiver and a gray market subscription. It's the same type of "grey" market subscription from Canada. The only difference is that DirecTV from our southern neighbor went belly up last year. So if you want to subscribe, you have to subscribe from Central America (Costa Rica is a good one), or from Venezuela/Colombia.

Does anyone have a link to the spot beam for latin america? Got a friend moving to Columbia and is looking for some non-internet source for US tv.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)