Got another 722DVR

Randall DBS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Jonesborough, Tennessee
I got a pleasant suprise last night when I called Dish about another tuner. When I first upgraded equipment I was supposed to get a 722DVR, a 322, and a 211. When they came out to install they only had the 722 and the 211. I already had a 301 that I owned. Well last night I called Dish and was willing to pay for another dual tuner. I told them about wanting the 322 when I originally upgraded. The CSR said well heres what I can offer you, I can give you another free VIP722k to replace the 211 I have. So believe me I jumped on that deal. They scheduled the upgrade for tommorrow between the hours of 8am to 12pm. Well fast forward to today I get a call from the installer asking me if I would like to have my DVR installed today, I was like yea that would be great. So he came out and installed me a brand new 722k. It even has the new learning remotes. Gotta say so far its a nice machine. It goes to show if your patient with Dish they will give you what you want. Just thought Id share my pleasant experience with you guys. I didnt even once threaten to cancel. I definetely got more that I expected. :)

Using a Dish 1000 Plus with a superdish pan on 129 conus transponders i get anywhere from 75 to 85 but on the transponder where our Tri Cities HD locals come from its real weak only high 30s and goes out alot. They need to move us to another spotbeam or something because on spotbeam transponder 15 I pull in 65. They definetely need to fix that problem.

I have been noticing one problem so far with this new 722, when I try to change the channel in the other room where tuner 2 is I always have to aim the remote in multiple directions to get it to change the channel, I have also noticed this on my non k 722 from tuner 2, anybody know what would cause this?

I have been noticing one problem so far with this new 722, when I try to change the channel in the other room where tuner 2 is I always have to aim the remote in multiple directions to get it to change the channel, I have also noticed this on my non k 722 from tuner 2, anybody know what would cause this?

i would think something is interfering with the remote.
like radio signal or some other signal.
or it could be the antenna is not installed on the receiver.
i have the new 722k installed last week with signup of dish network from directv.

so far i like dish network the audio and picture is way better then directv was ever.

and it is way cheaper then them also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts