Greetings from CES 2005!

Hey Scott,

I'll bet that you might have got........MAYBE..........1 hour of sleep last night. I'd be too excited to sleep. I also would like some more info on the nevo remote. Thanks for what you do. Have fun! :)

Check the home page... Scott, just gave the time for the Press Conferences. He will continue updating this as he hears something interested. He can do this via his cellphone.

boatman said:
...there goes my daughters collage fund.
Guess your parents spend your college fund? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist... Don't take it personal. This furrener will spell words wrong all the time.......

Scott,

Thanks for the updates from yesterday. I think we are all looking forward to more.

If you get a chance can you do me a favor and check out the Pioneer booth and report if they have any new Elite DVD players coming out? Not a biggie, just if you get a chance. Have fun and thanks

MarcelV said:
Guess your parents spend your college fund? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist... Don't take it personal. This furrener will spell words wrong all the time.......

Glass house, meet stone. Ever heard of tense?

mothergoose45 said:
Scott, did you hear or see anything from Microsoft about the XBOX 2???
Waiting for news!!!!!!

i too hoped to find something about the xbox 2. early scans of news from ces lead me to this.

"No Xpectations: Geek.com says the rumors that an "Xbox2" would be unveiled at this year's CES are simply not true. No comment from the unofficial Xbox2 Weblog, the very existence of which raises all sorts of existential questions. Can you blog something that doesn't exist? If you build the blog, will the product come? —Beau Dure—Posted at 12:30 p.m. ET"

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/ces2005/2005-01-05-cesblog_x.htm

some other interesting things on the link above.

this is a preview day today, so i don't think we will be getting a lot of news today.

Hey Guys,

Remember to keep checking the talking head on the main page for updates.

So far I went to the XM Press Conference, where they introduced two new XM2GO Portable XM Radio Units.

I will have photos tonight when I get back to my hotel room.

XM also announced that Dr. Laura, G. Gordon Liddy and Tony Kornhizer will be coming to XM in February. No other programming news was announced.

I videotaped the press conference and will try to get it online as soon as possible. I also got a nice interview with XM president Hugh Penero, I will try to get that online tonight as well.

The DirecTV press confernce was for a new programming package which you can get if you have a KVH Mobile Satellite Dish. It is 120 channels from DirecTV and made for those who travel using one of these Roof Mounted Satellite Receiving Units.

I also swung by the Pioneer booth and checked out the new Pioneer Units with XM Nav Track Service, this new service will work in 20 areas (not specified) and will work in conjunction with the navigation system to alert you of problems ahead. The cost of the service is $13.95 a month which also includes XM Radio Service.

I am here at the Press Room with Ryan Alford from SkyReport and SkyRetailer who says HI!

I am off next to the 4pm SIRIUS Press Conference. I will be updating the "talking head" on the front page sometime around 4:30PM Pacific time with any news from that conference.

Again photos will be posted later tonight, and VIDEO will be coming over the weekend.

And that's your 2005 CES Report for now. :)

I should note that the actual show floor is still closed (Most booths are not setup yet) we will see tommorow what goodies the show floor holds for us.

I also forgot to mention that I saw a demonstation of Pioneers Blue Ray DVD Player, I also viewed DIVX's HD DVD player, and to both of them I say WOW.

I am collecting a lot of data, and since I am operating here as a one man show it will take a while to go through everything I have taken.

Scott Greczkowski said:
XM also announced that Dr. Laura, G. Gordon Liddy and Tony Kornhizer will be coming to XM in February. No other programming news was announced.
:)

darn it, i love tony kornhizer and i have sirius. hopefully it is not exclusive.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I also forgot to mention that I saw a demonstation of Pioneers Blue Ray DVD Player, I also viewed DIVX's HD DVD player, and to both of them I say WOW.

Details details details.... :rainbow

The Talking Head has just spoken! (Check the Home Page for the latest CES audio update.)

By the way, welcome to the forum, PATECO!

Bill Gates at CES

FYI: the Pre-show Keynote starts in 10 minutes (at 6:30 p.m. PST)
You can watch it live at www.microsoft.com

Once again, Bill Gates opens the show with his vision of the year ahead in consumer electronics. Expect the unexpected. In the past, Gates used the International CES to preview products and technologies such as Xbox, Tablet PC, smart personal object technology (SPOT) watches and Smartphone...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts