Has anyone noticed the new 722k DVR menu?

I've also seen the wrong image/graphic for some of the TV shows in the listing.

And yes, a sorted listing would be nice to have.

Regarding the UI change to the initial "DVR" screen, I think it looks alright. Showing my girlfriend the "new" screen however resulted in a "That's supposed to be new?" (she was definitely not a fan)

I don't mind the change, I just dislike the inconsistency with other screens(as has been mentioned previously in the thread).

When I first saw the update my initial reaction was "Hey my Atari 800 from 1982 came back and hacked my 722k"

Ugh. I wish they'd ask us if we wanted new software. I came home and discovered my DVR menu looked something like out of Windows/386. WTF? Ugliest, most dated-looking thing I've ever seen. Plus a bunch of new crap I don't care about, and most definitely would rather not look at.

Box seems slower, doesn't always respond to remote commands, and worse, I'm seeing some weirdness on buffered playback (audio dropouts and such) that I'm hoping is coincidence and not related.

I have to agree with most of MrPink's rant.

Given the incongruity of the new interface, it looks like a script kiddy hacked my box overnight. I'd also love to be able to opt-out of downloadable content and the related interface noise, and it should be obvious that's the case, since I don't have broadband hooked to the box. The default should be to have such options turned off when there's no broadband detected.

The first press of the DVR button gets me to a menu where there are 4 options and 2 buttons, yet there is only one possible choice that could be useful to me. That's purposeless, inefficient design.

I've also noticed some skipping, although I have not yet done a hard reboot. I will try that and see if things improve.

Mostly it's annoying that the interface changed without warning and in a way that's not only inefficient, but looks like it might be an accident or a hack.

The interface has always been clunky (nine key presses to turn closed captioning on and another nine to turn it back off again??), especially to me, coming from TiVo's smooth and intuitive design, but this is hardly an improvement.

I understand that this a stepping stone to (presumably) a cleaner interface overall, but if you're asking for feedback, this first round has done more bad than good for users who do not have broadband.

I really like the new functionality.

DishOnline is finally usable. Hooray!

It's definitely a much better integration of the VOD and online services.

Sure, the look of the new menus is a bit different (and better) but that's the last thing I care about.

The new menu IMHO doesn't look as good as the other menus, however, the functionality of DISHOnline is vastly improved, and I will enjoy it a lot better than scrolling through a massive list of unorganized events.

Though, I REALLY hope they don't ever to make all of the menus look like that.

Overall though, good update, no bugs found so far, seems more stable than L662, but I haven't used it quite enough to claim that it's actually more stable than L662.

The only real difference is that the new screen has the more modern look with all "square" buttons and windows while the old screen had rounded corners on everything giving it a softer look. Just a mater of taste, the action seems to be about the same to me.

So we get a weird error when trying to view a movie we'd downloaded. Don't know if it's related to the new software but thought I'd post up here if anyone could help. Dish tech support was unable to help me and right now we cannot watch any VOD events that I have to pay for.

So we downloaded "Kick Ass" on Friday night. Everything was going great. We got the notification that it had completed downloading and then a bit later when we went to watch it got the "006 -- The purchase of this event cannot be completed". Our account is in good standing, we pay via auto pay every month.

After several reboots we saw the event had been cancelled. Dish confirmed we hadn't been charged for the VOD event. We could now re-download the event and tried again. No luck. Over the past three days we've tried the HD, HD 1080p version and have had no luck. I suppose it's good we haven't been charged for all the attempts but we'd really like to watch a VOD event sometime!

Only clue I can see is that in our "Purchase History" is a past event from LAST year for NHL Center Ice that is still listed. It's listed as "N/A N/A $171.80 NHL CI....". I suppose since that hasn't posted and is of a large $$ the VOD system won't let us purchase anything else until that event is sent to Dish.

We don't have any issue with our network or satellite setup. We've been able to download and view free events, it's just the pay VOD events that don't work. We've also been able to watch PPV events on 501.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been on the phone with Dish for about an hour over the past few days and no luck so far.

Perhaps they need to send a new receiver and it's not a fixable issue? =)

I had commented that my 722k has been sluggish since this 667 update was put on mine. Yesterday I was fiddling around and was getting a bit irritated with the sluggishness.

I was using my Harmony 1 remote and of course, it is an IR remote. So I thought what the heck, and picked up my UHF Dish remote. No sluggishness with it at all. Did a few things, all snappy as expected for a 722k. Then tried the Harmony 1 again, now snappy with it.

It seems that sometimes, after this update, that IR control gets sluggish while UHF does not. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)