HD-DVD lost the war R.I.P

So... Both of you are correct. Basically they fall under Warner Parent (Time Warner) since they were part of the Turner deal. So yes, they are part of Warner, but each entertainment studio is a separate part of a huge business. Each studio does its own production and distribution. But they all fall under Mr. Parson. Look for Mr. Parson to really start streamlining and possibly dumping. AOL and Time are losing money big time.

S~

I read that they were.

Its definitely a confusing structure with the "Warner" name :)

Sure

http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/88/New-Line-Cinema-In

I did not know AOL Time Warner = Warner Brothers????

While new line may not be a major in your eyes, it is NOT a subsidiary of WB, but is of TW. If this is wrong, show the data because I cant find it.

This is argument is right along the lines of Buena Vista or Columbia Tristar being major studios.

They don't have complete financial autonomy; which is how large corporate structures work.

If the head guy of New Line screws up, Time Warner will replace him.

OK. Maybe its just getting mixed up on wording.

My main point is that Warner Brothers Studios and New Line are sister studios. New line is considered by many to be a major, maybe not. They do have a decent release list. My issue was that I thought John said they were a subsidiary of Warner Brothers Studios.

If you want to argue the semantics; go ahead and argue it. When all you have are semantics, it's over.

This is argument is right along the lines of Buena Vista or Columbia Tristar being major studios.

They don't have complete financial autonomy; which is how large corporate structures work.

If the head guy of New Line screws up, Time Warner will replace him.

Really the same goes for Warner Entertainment's Chairman Mr. Meyer. If he screws up, Mr. Parson will can him, too.

Buena Vista in and of itself is confusing and often misused. Buena Vista Home Entertainment is the DVD distribution division of the Walt Disney Co. Buena Vista Theatrical produces live entertainment shows. In and of itself it is not a studio and does not make movies. They were supposed to drop the name.

S~

Last edited:
John does not enter arguments lightly, unless he Knows he is right..

Agree. I think it is basically semantics here. Time Warner is the parent company. Warner Entertainment and New Line are both divisions within the huge company. Warner Entertainment just happens to be huge in comparison.

S~

Sorry guys, I got into this one late....

Bluto: Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
Ahhh Germans Eh?:p I though those plains had red dots on them which was the symbol for the japaniese empire!:D:p:rolleyes:

Seriously, I think the HD War could be over, but depending on what HD DVD does the next few weeks or months will determine how far from over it really is.

Sorry guys, I got into this one late....

Ahhh Germans Eh?:p I though those plains had red dots on them which was the symbol for the japaniese empire!:D:p:rolleyes:

Well, they were planes, not plains... And it was a joke :)

Have you ever seen Animal House?

Seriously, I think the HD War could be over, but depending on what HD DVD does the next few weeks or months will determine how far from over it really is.

Unless the Blu-ray camp totally kills themselves, it will be difficult to keep HD-DVD afloat in the long term.

ICEWOLF Even i think you are pretty tough on the red boys! Making them go back to black and white, and VHS! Anyway that is some funny SH*T!!:haha:haha:haha

ICEWOLF Even i think you are pretty tough on the red boys! Making them go back to black and white, and VHS! Anyway that is some funny SH*T!!:haha:haha:haha

Nothing but love for you guys, come here, want me to hug you?
WOLF_GIMME_HUG.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)