HD-DVD lost the war R.I.P

New Line Cinema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Line Cinema, founded in 1967, is one of the major American film studios. Though it initially began as an independent film studio, it is currently a subsidiary of Time Warner. The current co-chairmen and co-CEOs are founders Robert Shaye and Michael Lynne.

See, John is correct; he is a walking encyclopedia of these things. :)

I hesitate to suggest this given the likely FUD that would result, but I'd like to see a list of the total number of films produced by the six studios listed as majors, and see how the numbers fall out.

It is just a matter of negotiating now... Universal and Paramount want the max in freebies that they can get for dropping HD-DVD. Toshiba probably wants some incentive too. No use dropping the format without getting paid for it.

HD-DVD isn't dead... Wait, it was the first format, cheapest format, most familiar, and Microsoft backed it. (LOL) But it has 2, count em 2 exclusive studios, and as far as I can tell, everyone that was both formats, has jumped ship with HD-DVD and went directly to Blu-Ray. mmm... That sounds like defeat to me...

Now, that is coming from someone who has a HD-DVD player on his 360, whom actually hates Sony, and can't believe Sony did something right. I only hope, Blu-Ray don't continue to screw people, and perhaps goes to HD-DVD camp for some technical help (maybe more, everyone can't deny HD-DVD had good things about it) and makes Blu-Ray the best it can be, so that the consumer wins. Gets those prices down, and start selling some product...

Enough, the war is over... Blu-Ray wins...

First BD player/recorder on market April 2001. First time Toshiba and NEC introduced HD-DVD Oct 2003. Not the first, not the most supported even if M$ was backing, maybe not the cheapest when they introduced the Combo discs and now a door buster for retailers.

It is just a matter of negotiating now... Universal and Paramount want the max in freebies that they can get for dropping HD-DVD. Toshiba probably wants some incentive too. No use dropping the format without getting paid for it.

Would payoff's even be necessary if HD software sales continue at the current rate (85/15) and uni and para's sales decline?

Why are you posting news that is 2 weeks old? Come on, we get it. BD is on a roll. I fail to see what benefit will come from YET ANOTHER thread on this.

Agree. This has gone from sad to pathetic. I vote to close or merge this thread with other "I hate HD-DVD" threads.

Agree. This has gone from sad to pathetic. I vote to close or merge this thread with other "I hate HD-DVD" threads.
The same could also be said about the countless I hate sony/bd threads that are posted. The best bet, if you dont like them, is to not read them.

Seems that a Paramount switch is coming sooner than expected, stay tuned boys and girls.

I read a lot of info on these forums I don't agree with but I don't request a thread be closed , especially with over 760 views.

It's so much content....it's the volume of them. I'm interested in studio happenings but not posting 2 week old news to use as a beat down.

A general "You Suck" thread for each format would suffice. I suspect people are taking old news or rumors off other forums and posting it as yet ANOTHER to crack on people or use as bait for flame wars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)