HD-DVD lost the war R.I.P

It's so much content....it's the volume of them. I'm interested in studio happenings but not posting 2 week old news to use as a beat down.

I suspect people are taking old news or rumors off other forums and posting it as yet ANOTHER to crack on people or use as bait for flame wars.

I think we have a winner. Pretty much why I'm not around much anymore.

S~

What do you think of the BD30 so far, Im very happy with mine on the PQ side.

I've always been pretty satisfied with the Panasonics. Never had a problem with any disc, except for the Master Audio on DH2 which is Fox's fault not the players. I do prefer the upconverting on the XA2 and A35 though not by much.

S~

I've always been pretty satisfied with the Panasonics. Never had a problem with any disc, except for the Master Audio on DH2 which is Fox's fault not the players. I do prefer the upconverting on the XA2 and A35 though not by much.

S~

The BD PQ and speed really makes me glad I bought it.

I know some have dogged on the BD30's upconversion, but I feel it's close if not equal to the A2. Is better than the PS3 IMHO.

New Line Cinema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New Line Cinema, founded in 1967, is one of the major American film studios. Though it initially began as an independent film studio, it is currently a subsidiary of Time Warner. The current co-chairmen and co-CEOs are founders Robert Shaye and Michael Lynne.

Next time, just try this:

John was right, I was wrong.

I'm not the biggest fan of Wikipedia. I consider it the Cheez Whiz of knowledge.

Next time, just try this:

John was right, I was wrong.

I'm not the biggest fan of Wikipedia. I consider it the Cheez Whiz of knowledge.

Sure

http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/history2/88/New-Line-Cinema-In

Wholly Owned Subsidiary of AOL Time Warner Inc.

I did not know AOL Time Warner = Warner Brothers????

While new line may not be a major in your eyes, it is NOT a subsidiary of WB, but is of TW. If this is wrong, show the data because I cant find it.

Last edited:
I've seen plenty stating NL is a sub of TW, nothing saying that it is of WB.

Warner Communications is the parent company. They completely bought out Time and Ted Turner and kept the time name Time Warner. Each studio has autonomy in the decision making process, but basically they belong to Warner, as does AOL, and Turner, and HBO, and everything else. LIke I said, expect some major changes within the company infrastructure this year.

S~

Last edited:
Warner Communications is the parent company. They completely bought out Time (A.k.A. Ted Turner) and kept the time name Time Warner. Each studio has autonomy in the decision making process, but basically they belong to Warner, as does AOL, and Turner, and HBO, and everything else. LIke I said, expect some major changes within the company infrastructure this year.

S~

OK. Maybe its just getting mixed up on wording.

My main point is that Warner Brothers Studios and New Line are sister studios. New line is considered by many to be a major, maybe not. They do have a decent release list. My issue was that I thought John said they were a subsidiary of Warner Brothers Studios.

OK. Maybe its just getting mixed up on wording.

My main point is that Warner Brothers Studios and New Line are sister studios. New line is considered by many to be a major, maybe not. They do have a decent release list. My issue was that I thought John said they were a subsidiary of Warner Brothers Studios.

Both production studios fall under the umbrella of Time Warner, formerly Warner Bros. then Warner communications, and finally Time Warner. I would consider New Line the last of the Majors. They've had enough movies and a whole slate coming out. They follow whatever Warner Brothers Entertainment does.

S~

Last edited:
Both production studios fall under the umbrella of Time Warner, formerly Warner Bros. then Warner communications, and finally Time Warner. I would consider New Line the last of the Majors. They've had enough movies and a whole slate coming out. They follow whatever Warner Brothers Studios does.

S~

K.

Lord of The Rings trilogy for BD is going to be huge :) I bet its going to be expensive too :D

Round and round we go. :) New Line is a subsidiary of Warner. Warner is a media behemoth. It was the Warner decision that caused NL to follow with an announcement almost immediately. :D

Im sure it will be. I still think we wont see it until Hobbit. Itll be a set with the 3 extended cuts and both Hobbits. Very pricey, but Ill buy it

Round and round we go. New Line is a subsidiary of Warner. Warner is a media behemoth. :D

Either way, we have more movies coming our way, and there are great movies that are selling great on our side, not sure what is selling good for HD-DVD at this time of the year...

So... Both of you are correct. Basically they fall under Warner Parent (Time Warner) since they were part of the Turner deal. So yes, they are part of Warner, but each entertainment studio is a separate part of a huge business. Each studio does its own production and distribution. But they all fall under Mr. Parson. Look for Mr. Parson to really start streamlining and possibly dumping. AOL and Time are losing money big time.

S~

Im sure it will be. I still think we wont see it until Hobbit. Itll be a set with the 3 extended cuts and both Hobbits. Very pricey, but Ill buy it

Nah. We might see it before then. From what I've heard, they were already finished. Might need some tweaking.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)