Help: Dish Network 1000.4 with VIP922

allenj

Original poster
Aug 25, 2015
I recently purchased a VIP922 which I authorized at home using my home Dish Hopper EA network (I disconnected the hopper, connecting the VIP922 to allow it to be firmware updated and authorized). I also purchased a 1000.4 EA to use with my RV. My questions and concerns...

I've read the LNB has a separate output for satellites 61.5 and 72.7 (and 77 which I read is no longer used). How do I hardwire connect the LNB to my VIP922? Yes I have the Triplexer with the VIP922 but do I need to combine the 61.5 and 72.7 LNB's to a single line to connect to the Triplexer or can I simply connect each line from the LNB's to each of the 2 satellite inputs on the back of the VIP922? Are the SAT 1 and 2 inputs on the back of the VIP922 for each tuner or for each LNB input?

I apologize.. I am a newbie. I appreciate your input.
Allen

No can do. Hopper accounts will not allow any other receivers except the ViP211 series.

And, may I suggest the ViP922 may not have been the best choice for other reasons as well.

No can do. Hopper accounts will not allow any other receivers except the ViP211 series.

And, may I suggest the ViP922 may not have been the best choice for other reasons as well.

Not using it on my home Hopper network.. strictly the 1000.4 EA with the VIP922 in my RV. While the VIP922 is not the best choice it was extremely cheap and honestly I don't remember asking for advice on whether the VIP922 was the right choice. While a newbie with satellite systems I am not a newbie with forums. Thank you.

Are they two separate accounts? Can't have a 922 on a Hopper account, whether it's for the RV or not. 211 only.

Are they two separate accounts? Can't have a 922 on a Hopper account, whether it's for the RV or not. 211 only.

Same account.. see attached...

DishNetwork.JPG

View attachment 109401

The relevance whether or not a VIP922 is a good receiver or whether it can be added to a Hopper account strays from my original post/question. I appreciate your help and look forward to someone that can provide answers. Thank you.

I've read the LNB has a separate output for satellites 61.5 and 72.7 (and 77 which I read is no longer used).
Not true. It's used in some DISH local markets.

How do I hardwire connect the LNB to my VIP922? Yes I have the Triplexer with the VIP922 but do I need to combine the 61.5 and 72.7 LNB's to a single line to connect to the Triplexer or can I simply connect each line from the LNB's to each of the 2 satellite inputs on the back of the VIP922? Are the SAT 1 and 2 inputs on the back of the VIP922 for each tuner or for each LNB input?
Two basic methods of connecting to your dish . . .

Thank you TechWriter for providing info and links. Another question...

>one sat line (from 61.5, 72.7, or 77 -- it doesn't matter which one)

Does that mean that all 3 satellites broadcast the same channels? I understand redundancy but it sure seems a waste of resources to have 3 satellites that provide the same identical programming.

Thank you..
Allen

Thank you TechWriter for providing info and links. Another question...

>one sat line (from 61.5, 72.7, or 77 -- it doesn't matter which one)

Does that mean that all 3 satellites broadcast the same channels? I understand redundancy but it sure seems a waste of resources to have 3 satellites that provide the same identical programming.

Thank you..
Allen

Perhaps what's not clear to you is that your 1000.4's LNBF has a built-in DPP switch. Connecting a receiver to any of the three output ports allows the tuner(s) to access whichever of the three satellites carries the selected channel(s). Multiple tuners are able to select different channels on different satellites.

Perhaps what's not clear to you is that your 1000.4's LNBF has a built-in DPP switch. Connecting a receiver to any of the three output ports allows the tuner(s) to access whichever of the three satellites carries the selected channel(s). Multiple tuners are able to select different channels on different satellites.

Thank you NYDutch..

I thought each output port was fixed to a particular satellite. What convinced me of this was the attached pic. I'm learning.. thanks to you all.

Curious.. is that what Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus means?

Allen

Dish-1000.4LNB.jpg

Thank you NYDutch..

I thought each output port was fixed to a particular satellite. What convinced me of this was the attached pic. I'm learning.. thanks to you all.

Curious.. is that what Dish Pro or Dish Pro Plus means?

Allen

View attachment 109433
No, the first 3 output ports can use all 3 satelites. It's a Dish Pro Plus which allows single wire operation for up to 3 dual tuners DVRs without an external switch.
(Still requires Separator at each Dual Tuner Vip) None on the Hopper.
(Dish Pro requires 2 lines )
Plus the 1000.4 also allows an addtional orbital location if you have a wing dish for what ever you desire.

How to stop or reschedule daily auto reboot

Does Dish offer $100 for referral when you signup for Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)