Hi Guys newbie here! Help findding if i have the right sat?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
May 19, 2015
Fl
Hi Guys newbie here!

I am just now setting up my Ku dish and in preparation for adding my motor drive I am searching for my south most satellite. Witch I believe to be 83w KU AMC 9. I think I have it but I am not sure I am getting 6 channels 1 NYS MEDIA SVC CTR (color test pattern with a clock in lower left) 2 DSNG SPRINTER

3 KPRC Nustar 4 WWE Enc 9 scrambled 5 WWE Enc 10 scrambled and 6 Sane as channel 1

From time to time I have seen NBC news teams back feeding reports. I have searched the internet but have not been able to confirm that this is indeed AMC 9.

Like I said I am new at this.

Thanks

Lak7

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Near Chicago, Illinois
1 NYS MEDIA SVC CTR (color test pattern with a clock in lower left)

Looks like you got it.
12155 V 3978

Keep in mind when setting up a motor that your "southern most satellite" is just a starting point - unless you happen to live exactly in line with that satellite.
Dishpointer.com can be a great help.

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
May 19, 2015
Fl
Not sure what that means, (i'm New.) As soon as one of my buddies shows up i will a jest the dish and lnb for max signal. and write down the numbers!
Thanks

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Welcome to SatelliteGuys Tony-d !!!!!
Like others have said, yes you are on the right bird.
Feel free to post any question, we love to help out!! :)

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
May 19, 2015
Fl
I am very bad at code, i have T down, I am now working hard on E!
Thanks again!

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Good luck on getting the dish. It is a great deal, especially if the seller is willing to help load! I would see if it could be hauled assembled if you can drive a short distance to your home during low traffic. Probably should upgrade the smallish18" actuator to a more appropriate 24 or 36" up the road, but looks solid and in good condition.

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
May 19, 2015
Fl
Well thank you very much. I think i can just place it on a landscape trailer, not a long ride.
I see if i can get it and put it up in the fall when it cools down, and up grade at that time. I want to learn my ku system first.
But I do not wish to pass on a good deal.
Thanks again!
Tony

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Here is a 10' in the back of my 10' trailer. Used the trailer side rails to support to not to tweek the reflector. Many members have also hauled flat with a bit of overhang...

IMG_1.JPG
IMG_2.JPG

If the seller still has everything connected, park the satellite on a specific satellite before disconnecting and take note of what satellite was selected. Since the dish will be hauled a short distance, the elevation/declination angle settings should not need to be changed. Just in case bolts are loosened, mark the elevation and declination angles on the mount with chalk or a Sharpe. If the motor needs to be removed for transport, mark where the actuator tube is clamped. These simple steps will help get the dish installed, aimed and simplify the transplant. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA

Tony-d

SatelliteGuys Family
May 19, 2015
Fl
Thank you for the pics and info, i do know that he has cut the cables and has no knowledge of how it worked so what the heck. It just adds to the fun.
i'll take a ride out there sat and see what i can do.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

103 Retired to Where?

Another N0QBH polarity control project

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)