How Dish's 1080p is going to work...

I have about 5 or more 501 channels showing as VOD but no I am Legend. So are all those VOD now on my hard drive? It doesn't seem like they have reduced my hard drive capacity.

As far as the pricing goes, I wish it was cheaper. But you need to think of terms of this like a convenience store. Prices are higher for the convenience factor. For those out in the middle of no where who don't want Netflix or Blockbuster and don't have a local store then this will be good for them. Considering that after all these years they still offer pay per view they must be making some money otherwise why still do it.

They should probably do a monthly fee for all access to compete with Blockbuster and Netflix. Something like 5 to 10 vod movies for 19.99.

I have about 5 or more 501 channels showing as VOD but no I am Legend. So are all those VOD now on my hard drive? It doesn't seem like they have reduced my hard drive capacity.

As far as the pricing goes, I wish it was cheaper. But you need to think of terms of this like a convenience store. Prices are higher for the convenience factor. For those out in the middle of no where who don't want Netflix or Blockbuster and don't have a local store then this will be good for them. Considering that after all these years they still offer pay per view they must be making some money otherwise why still do it.

They should probably do a monthly fee for all access to compete with Blockbuster and Netflix. Something like 5 to 10 vod movies for 19.99.

Yes they are all on your drive, but in a partition you cannot see. I does not affect your personal recording time/space.

After long discussions with csr's and tech support, I was finally told that whatever 622's did not have the channel 501 on 8-7, would have it by 8-11. After making a stink with the csr, I was given 3 months of hd programming free(3 $20.00 credits). :eureka

Well it is 8/12 and my 622 still has L512. My 722 was updated over a week ago. Has there been any updates as to when we can expect our 622s to get the new release?

Here is an information brochure on how the 1080p works. Basically a recap of what I posted here already. :)

Attachments

• Quick_Facts_-_1080p_Event_Viewing.pdf
    511.5 KB · Views: 236
My 1080p tv is currently hooked up to a 622 with a dead HDMI port (why don't I swtich to my other one? Well this one broke when I switched it the last time) so I wouldn't be participating anyway. I know I could probably get a new 622 but I didn't think it was worth all of the hassle... now if they would replace it with a 722 I might be more inclined to do it but as it stands it's not worth it to me to get it fixed and then pay $7 for a 24 hour pay per view.

Here is an information brochure on how the 1080p works. Basically a recap of what I posted here already. :)

Excellent post!

I have a 722 ...
Been "turbo charged" as of last week ...
See a bunch of 501's ...
But no I Am Legend :(

I have tried all of the guides: All, All Subs, All HD. No I Am Legend :(

Can't see 1080p? Incorrect my friend.

Sit close enough and you can. And seeing "p" prevents frame judder from 3:2 pulldown which people can also see.

You have a point, however who the hell wants to sit like 4 ft from there TV. The real statement should have been. Is there a realy big gain from this and why do we need it. The 720p on my JVC is just fine. And yes I have looked into this topic it depends on what post you read. Some say yes some say no. I know that I dont care what dish sends me in 1080p. What I do know is TV looks a hell of a lot better than when I was a kid.

A blind person can't see the difference between a house and a tree.
A person with poor vision can't see the difference between a Maple tree and an Oak Tree.
If you can't see the difference between 720p x1280 and 1080p x 1920 you may just need glasses, or a better monitor. :)

If you can't see Dish VOD and you have all the requirements then maybe Dish is failing to deliver what they claim.

The PDF Scott posted is dated 8/1/2008 and clearly states that VIP622 should be able to see VOD on channel 501. No one posting here gets that as of 8/13 on their 622. Is this for real or is it an elaborate publicity stunt?

Seeing is believing.

Well it is 8/12 and my 622 still has L512. My 722 was updated over a week ago. Has there been any updates as to when we can expect our 622s to get the new release?

1080p HD VOD Movies

Steps to follow if a customer calls because they cannot view HD VOD movies in 1080p.
  1. Confirm the customer has a ViP HD DVR and ask if their HD TV is 1080p capable
  2. Have the customer turn to Ch. 501 and see if they have "I am Legend" in 1080p
  3. If they have a ViP HD DVR and 1080p capable TV and do not have "I am Legend" in 1080p on Ch. 501 please refer to the schedule below as not all HD DVRs receivers have yet received the software downloaded to enable 1080p (please note this schedule is subject to change without notice). Also, please remember that in order to view the event in 1080p the customer's television will have to be capable of displaying 1080p at 24 frames per second.
    • ViP722 - 1080p-VOD capable on all units with current software (L6.10 or later)
    • ViP612 - 1080p-VOD capable on all units with current software (L6.00 or later)
    • ViP622 - 100K units to become capable with L6.12 partial rollout on by August 13th, 12:00 AM
    • ViP622 - All remaining ViP622 receivers, date TBD

Why can't I receive this in 1080p ?

Argggg..........

I have a 722 hooked up directly to a Sony A3000 (which is a 1080p/24fps set) thru the HDMI inputs/outputs and the best that I can get is 1080i. Says my TV is not incompatable.

What gives?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)