How to get an additional $240 off as a new DirecTV customer

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just found more on the CSAA website:

Member Savings
New DIRECTV. members receive the following:

A $10 credit on your monthly bill for 24 months (that's a savings of $240!)
A free HD Receiver or DVR upgrade
FREE installation
PLUS: Sign up by December 31, 2007, and you will also receive the nationally advertised $20 credit on their monthly bill for one year - that's a $30 savings per month for the first year and a $10 savings per month for the second year - a total two-year savings of $480!

Existing DIRECTV. customers can qualify for a $50 rebate once a year, for two years (that's a savings of $100!).

How It Works
Call 800-242-9114 and provide the first six digits of your AAA membership. Installation will be done by an authorized installer within 3-4 days. Upon purchase, DIRECTV. will issue the credit on your monthly DIRECTV. bill for 24 months. When you receive your bill, you will see a message beside the credit stating "AAA member discount".

I am keeping it here as proof the 2007 Q4 can be combined with the AAA deal. Keep in mind the $20 credit promo is extended to 2/26/08.

I got everything as linder7 did. But the CSR was not willing to give me the 2007 Q4 deal since it is same as their regular $10 for 12 month promotion.

Thank you all for this helpful information.

This is what I get from my online account info so far:

Order Detail: DescriptionUnit PriceQuantityPrice
Welcome to DIRECTV _2007 Q4 Offer 047 B5712/47 $0.001 $0.00
PLUS HD DVR P000006364000000001 $0.001 $0.00
HD Access_Tier 1 P000006376000000001 $0.001 $0.00
DIRECTV 5-LNB Multi-Satellite Dish $0.001 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $0.001 $0.00
DIRECTV HD DVR (Expanded HD Prog. Capable) $99.001 $99.00
Standard Professional Install $0.001 $0.00
B6291/020 $0.001 $0.00
DVR Service $0.001 $0.00
HBO $0.001 $0.00
STARZ! $0.001 $0.00
SHOWTIME $0.001 $0.00
Cinemax $0.001 $0.00
$0 Delivery & Handling $0.001 $0.00
1 Year Free Showtime $0.001 $0.00
Subtotal:$198.00
Tax:$15.35
Total:$213.35

The only code not recognizable is B6291/020 which I think is the referral deal.

That is interesting because I was promised the free 1 year showtime, but I do not have a line item such as yours.

I just ordered too

He said I got all the same, but would not give me the 1 yr free showtime.

Also, how do I confirm all these promos? I can't find the detailed info like in the above posts.

Where do you find this stuff online? All I can find is a summary that does not show this type of detail.

It took a few days for the details to show on the line items, since my installation was two weeks from the ordering date (still not installed) my account had time to reflect and mature I guess.

I was able to register for a D* online access within a few minutes of placing my order. The actual order was viewable on my online D* acct within about 30 minutes.

I now have the 1 year free showtime line item on my order. :)

I have ordered the same deal with 2 DVRs and 1 year free show time. Also D* is giving $20 0ff for 12 months now (It is on their website now and valid for a week). My account shows as Q4 2007 deal, but CSR said i will get $20 off as that is the current promotion.

I signedup last night and my install is tomorrow..::eek: Once i activate the account after install, i will know more. and will update you guys.

BTW, Thanks for all the useful info.

I have ordered the same deal with 2 DVRs and 1 year free show time. Also D* is giving $20 0ff for 12 months now (It is on their website now and valid for a week). My account shows as Q4 2007 deal, but CSR said i will get $20 off as that is the current promotion.

I signedup last night and my install is tomorrow..::eek: Once i activate the account after install, i will know more. and will update you guys.

BTW, Thanks for all the useful info.

Q4 2007 is the $20 off for one year deal.

For those of you who got this 2007 Q4 deal, you should receive a rebate form in your first bill that states $20 off, not $10 off. If you get a $10 off form do not fill out and mail in, because once it is processed you are stuck with $10 off, no more $20 off deal for ya. Rather post it here. I have a PDF copy of the $20 off form you can use to mail in instead.

Apparently depending on who licks your envelope that day, you can get the $10 form instead of the $20 form.

called in and it took a bit of haggling with the guy to get both the AAA deal and the q4 $20 for a year..
Didn't get showtime for year either...
but still a fantastic deal for someone looking to switch from *E to *D anyway...
thanks all!!

Thanks!

First of all I'd like to thank the OP jacmyoung and the staff here at SG!

I had a great experience with a rep in miami.. I cannot stress enough how great he was. Long story short he couldn't believe the call, he was blown away by the deal. :up FYI he had to ask his manager to approve the AAA with -20 for 12 '07 Q4 deal. My CSR told me they're only allowed to approve so many a day so YMMV. In the end it only took the one call.

AAA -10$ for 24
'07 Q4 -20$ for 12
Referral -10$ for 5 + 50$ credit
Autopay +50$ credit
Showtime for 1 year
movies for 3 months
-100$ towards HD-DVR

I went for the black HR21-700 my total was 104.44 with no activation or S&h. In the end after the two $50 credits I'm out 4.44. :cool: The only down side is I have to wait until 2/10/08 for my install (thanks Superbowl!).

I can't thank everyone enough, I'm glad to have DTV, and I'm proud to be a member here at SG.

Boy, it is great to see deals this big!

If you have a basic $50 package, you almost get the first year FREE.

first bill

Guys - I also (supposedly) got the same deal. Q4 2007(20$ off) + AAA + referral. somehow my first bill doesn't show all the discounts as applied. whereas my order(which you can see on directtv account) shows a line with Q4 2007 and BCxxx some code.

I emailed CSR and they replied back saying they don't see AAA applied or the referral, what BS! I am going to call back and post later.

Please let me know if any body saw all above discounts on 1st bill too, rather than the 'order'.

-

Well....that is disturbing news...please keep us informed. I would assume that it might take a month or two to get all of the credits posted, but the CSR should have a record of the credits...at least I would think.

Not surprised at all. No one should get any of those discounts on the 1st bill.

The AAA discount is confirmed to show up after two biling cycles.

The 2007 Q4 is a mail-in rebate you have to fill out and mail back the rebate form, then it will take 6-8 weeks to process.

I wouldn't bother to call D* reps. When was the last time you buy a piece of hardware with mail-in rebate offer, you call up the hardware manufacture and anyone there could tell you about the rebate? Mail-in rebates are usually handled by a 3rd party, or at least a different department of the company.

In such cases patience is the virtue, that includes mailing all proper forms, keep good records, and wait:)

BTW, my installation is finally here, for tomorrow, if all goes well I will be able to see how my bills turn up.

Almost the same deal!

This past Sunday I got the same deal as everyone else with the exception of Showtime free/1 year. I forgot to ask. My install is coming up this Saturday. I'm thinking of calling back & asking for it and also a 3rd DVR. Any chance they'll give me a 3rd for $99.00?

well yeah thats what the CSR told me that it should show up in 2 months. i guess i have no choice but to wait. CSR wouldn't confirm though if they will definetely be applied. i can understand the 20$ off, but AAA/referral, i was led to believe will show up instantly. also j.y - what records can we keep? i mean it was just a conversation on phone when we ordered the d* deal..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)