hsp requirements

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks for giving me the info I was looking for. But now I have a new question. Why is the satellite industry unregulated? You can't be a plumber or electrician without a license. You can't even cut hair without a license. These hsps are sending out inexperienced and unlicensed installers to do what they will. Don't get me wrong....there are good installers out there but that comes from an innate ability and not from training. Most of the "trainers" in this industry have been out installing less than 6 months. They teach you things like how to run fake grounds and put dielectric in the holes they drill instead of silicone. The list goes on and on. And on top of all this the hsps local offices are managed by former "installers" turned company man and all have forgotten where they came from. Of course I would too if I was wined and dined and promised prime vacations based on the production of the installers.

"Times have a changed" When I got out of College I started working for a two way radio company designing, installing, maintaining and repairing two way radio equipment. I had to have an FCC Class 1 or 2 License to even touch the equipment. A few years later you could get a NABER Cetiricate (Now PCIA). The FCC license and NABER Certificate was the only way you could do the work and if the FCC audited the company and found non dertified techs working on equipment, the Company was fined not the employee. In addition the employer could take no action against the employee. Once ther FCC no longer required the license or certicate the industry went to hell. The FCC should go back to requiring the license or certificate for all communication equipment. This would give the installer at least some standard to follow.

On another note if you have the certificate of insurance with a hold harmless clause there is no pecking order. You are held harmless and not responsible. You could also have an inidemnification clause that will remove all responsisbilty from you.

I am absolutely amazed that the FCC will allow this. Just exactly what part of "stupid" does the FCC not understand? What branch of our wonderful government oversees the FCC? Since the communications industry is not regulated, just what kind of possibilities does that open up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)