I'm getting so irritated with this DirecTV conspiracy! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Every darned time I call them to shift programming around, they keep giving me something to stop me from doing it! It really is starting to get on my nerves! :)

Yesterday I was doing the numbers and decided that the bill was just getting out of hand. With Premier, 3 boxes, MRV, DVR and NFLST, it was around $180! Just too darned high! So I called firmly intending to go down to no premiums and just Choice Xtra. Would have gotten the bill to around the $130 mark, which was much better.

But no! The CSR insisted on seeing 'what she can do'. Well, she did a lot. With a few discounts here and there for varying lengths of time, she got it down to $140 the next month and then $150 for the 5 months after that. And she was just so sly and sounded very cute, so I obviously couldn't disappoint her by not taking the deal. :D

But that brings up a point. I've only asked for one discounted deal in the many times I've called D*, and turned that one down as we couldn't get together, but yet every time I call to change programming in a downward direction, they give me something. Sometimes very good, most times just good enough. Yeah, you don't get a 'new customer' kind of deal, but D* keeps showing me they value me as a customer by being willing to do something to keep me happy.

And I have to say I am very happy with them for doing it!

I have been trying to downgrade for a year and a half,and they keep sucking me back in with offers and discounts if I keep Premier.

Yeah, and I'm so glad they do! I really like having all the Premiums and the Sports Pack and never missing anything I might otherwise.

This is why I stay with them. NO OTHER PROVIDER has done so much and continues to do everything they can to keep me happy. may I add that I have never threaten to cancel since that has never been my intention.

This is why I stay with them. NO OTHER PROVIDER has done so much and continues to do everything they can to keep me happy. may I add that I have never threaten to cancel since that has never been my intention.

I never threaten to cancel either. I just tell them I want to downgrade to save money which is the truth.

Agree with all of the above. I just called to ask which was the lowest package I could go to and still keep my HD free for life. The csr told me that I was on lowest with Ultimate but said to save me money since I've been such a good customer he would give me a $20 discount every month for a year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)