It's JUST TV...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scotsmanron

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Florida
How many of you have had your significant other say that to you when you wanted to either upgrade your programming or your equipment?

Mine just can't get past the fact that HD won't work on all of our sets and ISN'T going to work on all the sets. I'm getting around this because she wants more living space and LCDs are so much thinner than what we have now. Two down, two to go!!!:D

I think my wife said something along the line of "$2,500 for a new tv!!!! That money could have been used to get me a new bedroom suit".

One year later I have the tv and yes...she has the new bedroom suit.

lmao, again.

We all say "It's JUST tv", we've got cheap TV (cheapest dish network service for 4 tvs), and uh... yeah :)

The only thing I've spent $2500 on was a computer ;) In fact, I've spent waaaaaay more than that on computer hardware o_O

I bought my 48" rear projection Sony HD Television three years ago for $2200. And when I say rear projection, I mean the big bulky ones with the ray guns in them.

Now you can by a 50" plasma for $2200. I am not complaining about my HD television though yet. It still has the most beautiful picture I have seen even compared to today's plasmas and DLP's. Those conventional ray gun Rear projection televisions are still the best for a true black image, although they cannot get as bright as a plasma, they are not so bright that they take away that true black image.

Now that Directv has TLCHD, HGTVHD, and FOODHD, my wife wants me to replace the old 32" sony flat screen CRT television upstairs with an LCD HD television and an HR20! Now that you can get a 32"-37" LCD for $1000 or under I have her blessing to do so!

I know it is just TV, and we are not a family that has the television on from the time we get home to when we go to bed. We eat all our meals at the dinner table, and still enjoy our newspaper and books more than the TV. But I am a sports fan, so I need the HD for the sports, and my wife does like to watch her shows in HD too!

I think my wife said something along the line of "$2,500 for a new tv!!!! That money could have been used to get me a new bedroom suit".

One year later I have the tv and yes...she has the new bedroom suit.

I can relate to that.... although I got the short end of it this year.... Here's the scorecard:

ME: $599 for PS3 60GB and $1599 for 50" Samsung 1080p DLP
HER: $4899 for new kitchen appliances... YIKES!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts