Las Vegas OTA SUBCHANNEL GUIDE INACCURATE!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Obviously you didn't read what you copied before posting. Ray said "ADDED". This is not an ADD but a CHANGE
As I said, good luck. I'm perfectly aware of what he typed and more importantly, I'm aware of what Dish is doing (or not doing). Go and nit-pick Ray's words because the fact is, he mis-spoke. Anything added or changed is the reality.

looking at Minneapolis list they WILL change PSIP info (apparently when they feel like it). Here is the Mpls ones and bolded is either wrong or a note

2-01 KTCA TSID 0x0645, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 6353/8576)
2-04 KTCI4 TSID 0x0645, Subchannel 04 (DISH Channel 14063)
4-01 WCCO TSID 0x0631, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 6348/8571)
5-01 KSTP TSID 0x0647, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 6347/8570)
9-04 KMSP2 TSID 0x0633, Subchannel 04 (DISH Channel 14787)USE TO BE ON 29-2
9-09 KMSP TSID 0x0633, Subchannel 09 (DISH Channel 6350/8573)USE TO BE 9-1
11-01 KARE TSID 0x0635, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 6349/8572)
11-02 KARE2 TSID 0x0635, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 14785)
17-03 KTCI TSID 0x0649, Subchannel 03 (DISH Channel 6352/8580)SHOULD BE 2-2
23-01 WUCW TSID 0x0637, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 6354/8574)
29-01 WFTC2 TSID 0x0639, Subchannel 01 (DISH Channel 14789)NOW IS 9-1
29-02 WFTC TSID 0x0639, Subchannel 02 (DISH Channel 6351/8575)NOW IS 9-2
45-03 KSTC3 TSID 0x063B, Subchannel 03 (DISH Channel 14229)SHOULD BE 5-3
45-04 KSTC2 TSID 0x063B, Subchannel 04 (DISH Channel 14230)SHOULD BE 5-4
45-45 KSTC TSID 0x063B, Subchannel 45 (DISH Channel 8577)SHOULD BE 5-2

This has to do with 3 examples of companies owning 2 stations and combining the PSIP info. What doesn't make sense is the 45-XX has been on 5-XX for almost 2 years now and it hasnt been changed yet 9-4 & 9-9 changed maybe 2 months ago and its fixed?

As I said, good luck. I'm perfectly aware of what he typed and more importantly, I'm aware of what Dish is doing (or not doing). Go and nit-pick Ray's words because the fact is, he mis-spoke. Anything added or changed is the reality.
well they did make a change in Minneapolis with the guide info. I posted it above
(but then again the rest is so f**ked up I feel bad for the folks who try to use OTA with Dish in Mpls)

oh and if I wanted to nitpcik I would have called you out on BREATHE instead of the actual word of BREATH...oh wait I just did :D

All of the channels you listed you indicate a corresponding Dish channel assignment (for Minneapolis and Las Vegas). Where are you getting those numbers from (I'm honestly asking out of curiosity) ?

Does Dish offer those (sub-)channels via satellite ?

This is where Directv's OTA guide info is better. They take it directly from Tribune (zap2it) and not trying to make their own monkey shine way of doing it. So when Tribune updates it, the AM21 (if the channel is in the database) updates too
looking at the examples on the Directv database they have it right. They dont carry guide info for 21-3 but the others they do
upload_2014-11-28_17-40-34.png

All of the channels you listed you indicate a corresponding Dish channel assignment (for Minneapolis and Las Vegas). Where are you getting those numbers from (I'm honestly asking out of curiosity) ?
The dish tables via the other site. If dish carries a local, they just remap the guide info for OTA from the local. Thats why when Dish yanks a local the OTA guide info goes away too.
Subchannel info looks like channel (example) 16000 maps to 2-2. So if it changes to 2-3 it shouldn't be that hard for Dish to just repoint it. I understand the whole issue of new adds being a pain and bandwidth issues but the guide info is already THERE. It just requires a repoint.

Does Dish offer those (sub-)channels via satellite ?
If the channel number is 5 digits that is just guide data.

The Vegas thing all started about 3 weeks ago. Everything was fine for years. Then 3 weeks ago the morning news anchors said in 2 days you will have to rescan locals if you receive them via antenna to be able to keep watching them. They did not say what was happening, just to rescan. We now know the station changed hands I guess. Anyway, I did the rescan and that's when everything got screwed up. Now I'm wondering had I not done that would those sub channels have remained the same - correct as they were. As of now I've taken them off my favorites list. I will try an email to that dishquality. Can't hurt to try.

Reactions: foghorn2
Now I'm wondering had I not done that would those sub channels have remained the same - correct as they were.
no. They moved the stations around. So you would have lost some stations had you not rescanned. Most TV's will automatically add/remove stations. It has to do with the way Dish sets up their guide info for stations they do not carry as a local. Unlike Directv which uses a secondary affiliation for guide info (Tribune) and just maps that info Dish decides to use their own setup. Channel 16500 guide info points to channel 21-2 as example. They need to point it to say 3-2 now. I posted it above in post 14.

We now know the station changed hands I guess.
correct. Sinclair bought it. Their main goal was to get NBC off RF2 which is a b**ch to get on indoor antennas and onto a station that folks in the city can get. They left RF2 up as a simulcast for the folks with outdoor antennas and/or further away from the transmitter.

Similar problem with the phoenix channels , guide data doesn't match . With having the backup uplink facility in gilbert , az , you would think they could get it right.

More than likely Sinclair will be selling RF 2 as they need to dispose of 1 of the 3 stations they now own in Las Vegas. They did the reorganizing to get what they want to keep on the best channels. I will have to rescan my TV's and Pal DVR in January when I go back out there. 2 was a b@tch to get in the townhouse, one day it was good, the next it would be gone.

Similar problem with the phoenix channels , guide data doesn't match . With having the backup uplink facility in gilbert , az , you would think they could get it right.
I live like 4 or 5 miles from the uplink center....

The local CBS flipped their primarily weather-sub-channel over to MeTV this morning so I was curious what would happen on Dish's side. I expected it to be okay because it's NOT a new channel. I can't see the guide on the Hopper at home, but according to DishAnywhere, it's showing MeTV programming (I saw Gunsmoke, Adam-12, etc).

Two of the other stations have flipped networks as well, but the sub-channels always existed, so they worked fine. I wasn't sure if these were 2+ years ago when Dish had someone maintaining this database though.

Sorry, I only mentioned Dish Anywhere because I wasn't at home. In my experience, if it's wrong on one, it will be wrong on the other as well. After I got home, the receiver's guide was correct.

I did notice that at least (4) channels (sub-channels of stations that Dish carries) are wrong. Two are PBS and were swapped, without changing their TSID. The other two I'm not certain about what happened...

Wow, local cable company with great offers, all the good pay channels and they advertise antenna, getv, cozi ect.. -all the subchannels with their own channel numbers.
If Dish does not care, sayonara!

Wow, local cable company with great offers, all the good pay channels and they advertise antenna, getv, cozi ect.. -all the subchannels with their own channel numbers.
If Dish does not care, sayonara!
cable companies usually carry all the subchannels in your market.....well I should rephrase that. Most of the "major" subchannels they carry. I know in Vegas you have a bunch of low powered stations that have a bunch of subchannels. Those usually don't qualify for must carry on cable

cable companies usually carry all the subchannels in your market.....well I should rephrase that. Most of the "major" subchannels they carry. I know in Vegas you have a bunch of low powered stations that have a bunch of subchannels. Those usually don't qualify for must carry on cable

Local telco has no issues neighbors are saying. So between Cox, PRISM, Dish and Direct, only DISH has issues with subchannels.

I know Directv doesnt have all the subchannel info. But the stuff they do they have the right guide info :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts