MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that it's a joke that we're in 2012, and the two leagues STILL play by a different set of rules.

In the NFL, why not have the NFC teams carry a punter, and the AFC teams have to go for it on every 4th down, or in the NBA, the Eastern Conference arenas have a three point line, and the Western Conference arenas don't? In interleague/conference play you just go by the home team's rules. :rolleyes:

BillD1984 said:
I think that it's a joke that we're in 2012, and the two leagues STILL play by a different set of rules.

In the NFL, why not have the NFC teams carry a punter, and the AFC teams have to go for it on every 4th down, or in the NBA, the Eastern Conference arenas have a three point line, and the Western Conference arenas don't? In interleague/conference play you just go by the home team's rules. :rolleyes:

I probably wouldn't watch another Red Sox game or any others if they got rid of the DH in the AL.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I probably wouldn't watch another Red Sox game or any others if they got rid of the DH in the AL.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I won't watch baseball anymore if they force the NL to have the DH.

salsadancer7 said:
I don't particularly like one more than another...but to me, it takes more strategy to manage in the NL than the AL because of the pitcher hitting.

This is exactly how I see it. And I also think this puts AL managers at a disadvantage in NL parks during the WS. It's not they can't make the right moves, it's that the considerations are not something they have to deal with day in and day out and that hampers them.

Wow, Hamilton must really have been pounding down those caffeine and energy drinks... :rolleyes:

Texas Rangers slugger Josh Hamilton is back in the lineup Monday against the Oakland Athletics after missing the last five games due to blurred vision and balance issues.

Rangers officials said that Hamilton saw an optometrist and was diagnosed with ocular keratitis, a drying of the cornea caused by too much caffeine and energy drinks. The team reported that Hamilton feels better.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/_/id/8421085/texas-rangers-josh-hamilton-back-lineup-oakland-athletics

KCK_Halo said:
Looks like the Marlins are giving the Red Sox a run for their $$$ in the 2012 "Drama Department"....

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8420672/miami-marlins-heath-bell-says-hard-respect-manager-ozzie-guillen

Should be an interesting off-season....

Heath Bell is one of the most spineless, gutless baseball player I have ever had in one of my professional teams. That guy should refund every cent he played for. He blames everyone but the guy who had the ERA above 5 almost reaching 6....the one he sees in the mirror.

BillD1984 said:

The answer is in your post. The NFL is one league. The NL and AL are two separate leagues.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

The answer is in your post. The NFL is one league. The NL and AL are two separate leagues.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Yes, but the AL and NL are under the umbrella of MLB. IMO, my analogy is accurate.

Well...it will not change anytime soon. Because whatever they come up with, it will not generate enough $$ and they....the league will find a way to f#@k it up if it did.

Uh oh.... Ozzie, Ozzie Ozzie....

What I have come to learn in sports is that OWNERS don't like the truth, they ONLY like to hear "yes sir" and that's it.

"If Jeffrey doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager," Guillen said last Friday while the club was in New York. "Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (bleeping) managers come through here." "When you are in last place you need a better manager, better general manager, better owner, a better everything when you are a last-place team because we all failed.

"Whoever works for the Marlins and denies that he should be fired is full of (expletive). My coaches, myself, the front office, my players, we're all involved in this thing. We all failed. And we've got to be better. Hopefully we learn by the mistakes we made and we move on.

"I can see good things happen soon. How soon is it going to be. The players will dictate how soon it's going to be. Everybody in this ball club should look at themselves in the mirror."

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marl...ffrey-loria-angry-about-ozzie-guillen-remark/

NOTHING he said there is a lie. But that just ain't what a owner wants to hear.:rolleyes:

I mean Braves manager said this...which I TOTALLY agree:

not a manager dead or alive that Jeffey thinks is good enough. Not Connie Mack, not anyone."

Which of course Loria responded with this moronic response:

"I'm a little surprised because it's classless, especially because he was with us for five years and was a colossal failure ... Not nice. Not nice."

But considering that Loria fired Freddi, who had a very good record with the Marlins considering that crappy team Loria gave him and Loria ALSO fired MANAGER OF THE YEAR Joe Girardi... I certainly think that Loria has VERY little credibility in the argument.

ICE... you were right about him ALL along!:eek:

Feeling a bit melancholy tonight. The Red Sox are about to honor the 2004 World Series champion team as part of the 100 year Fenway celebration.

BillD1984 said:
Feeling a bit melancholy tonight. The Red Sox are about to honor the 2004 World Series champion team as part of the 100 year Fenway celebration.

I'm sure you can buy a commemorative hat, shirt, plate, mug, ect.... ;)

Uh oh.... Ozzie, Ozzie Ozzie....

What I have come to learn in sports is that OWNERS don't like the truth, they ONLY like to hear "yes sir" and that's it.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marl...ffrey-loria-angry-about-ozzie-guillen-remark/

NOTHING he said there is a lie. But that just ain't what a owner wants to hear.:rolleyes:

I mean Braves manager said this...which I TOTALLY agree:

Which of course Loria responded with this moronic response:

But considering that Loria fired Freddi, who had a very good record with the Marlins considering that crappy team Loria gave him and Loria ALSO fired MANAGER OF THE YEAR Joe Girardi... I certainly think that Loria has VERY little credibility in the argument.

ICE... you were right about him ALL along!:eek:
loria actually looked for the media to get this off his chest since no one was interested in his opinion. Lol. Ozzie is on 790 the ticket every Tuesday. Today the club house was listening to Him and his comments on what you mentioned and his thoughts on bell's comments about Ozzie himself. What the heck is going on? Yikes...

I think there are 2 big egos in Florida. Loria has a huge ego for firing Freddi, Girardi but so does Ozzie. Is anybody more outspoken than Ozzie Guillen? He's always complaining about something and swearing like a sailor. Ozzie is right about Loria but Ozzie sometimes has to keep his mouth shut. And frankly, what did Ozzie prove by speaking out like that? Everybody pretty much knew that about Loria anyway. How do you fire a manager of the year if its not a "my way or its the highway" type of attitude that Loria has?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)