MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rey said:
loria actually looked for the media to get this off his chest since no one was interested in his opinion. Lol. Ozzie is on 790 the ticket every Tuesday. Today the club house was listening to Him and his comments on what you mentioned and his thoughts on bell's comments about Ozzie himself. What the heck is going on? Yikes...

What Loria is doing now is "greasing" the media to see why he more than likely will fire a guy he chased to be his manager for over 2 years. Loria wants to be George Steinbrenner badly...but does not want to be perceived in a bad light like George was....Loria wants to be the 'liked' version...

Loria needs to stick to art and let the baseball people handle the baseball stuff.

The Miami Marlins just signed Adam Greenberg to a one day contract to play with them on Tuesday October 2 vs the NY Mets. If you don't know he played for the Chicago Cubs and only faced one pitch in his major league career and never took a defensive position on the field. Even more ironic is that the Marlins is the team that he was playing against during that one infamous at bat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I forgot about this guy. Good for him.

The Dodgers are 11-17 since the blockbuster trade with the Red Sox, the "great" Adrian Gonzalez is batting .225.

I know the Red Sox have also sucked, but they don't have the salary albatross' in the future.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

As a life long baseball fan, this is a great story. I hope he does well!

The Dodgers are 11-17 since the blockbuster trade with the Red Sox, the "great" Adrian Gonzalez is batting .225.

I know the Red Sox have also sucked, but they don't have the salary albatross' in the future.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I heard this the other day and went "hmmmm":

The 2010 Padres were contenders and then folded in September. The 2011 Red Sox had one of the most historic collapses in MLB history. And now this year, the Dodgers were contending until The Trade. Maybe it's coincidence, but I tend to be a "where there's smoke, there's fire" kind of guy.

Pirates 16 games over .500 at the 100-game mark, and they STILL will continue their 20-year losing season streak. Now THAT's an accomplishment.

Way to go Mr. Selig, you've decided to add to the playoff WC so you can have "Drama", well if the season ended today you would have added a team that is 10GB in thier division to the playoffs. (Cards)

Jimbo said:
Way to go Mr. Selig, you've decided to add to the playoff WC so you can have "Drama", well if the season ended today you would have added a team that is 10GB in thier division to the playoffs. (Cards)

I agree with you. Not only that, they are 7 games behind the Braves.

I didn't think the MLB playoffs were broke, so why change?

The only thing that needed to be changed was that you could play a division opponent in the 1st round.

Oh man, one of the only games I don't watch and this happens. I was watching the Avengers. LOL!

Good job Homer.

Ramy said:
Oh man, one of the only games I don't watch and this happens. I was watching the Avengers. LOL!

Good job Homer.

I went back and watched it archived on my PS3.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo said:

...and yet still have a better record than the division leading Tigers.

Who deserves to go more, Tigers or Card?

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

I agree with you. Not only that, they are 7 games behind the Braves.

I didn't think the MLB playoffs were broke, so why change?

The only thing that needed to be changed was that you could play a division opponent in the 1st round.

Agreed,

Also, don't forget Mr. Selig decided that the AL and NL wasn't good enough, now they have to play one another every day, another great way to cheapen the game and diminish the WS.

Seeing they are in different Conferences ....
You mean divisions?

Let me first offer my view. I do not like the WC at all. It should only be division winners going to the playoffs. I simply asked the question just to open some more dialog.

With that said, the fact that the Cards to have a better record than the Tigers and they play in a tougher division, one can make the argument that they deserve to go to the playoffs more so than the Tigers, regardless of which league or division they are in.

If we went back to the two division leagues, you will not see as many scenarios in which 2nd and 3rd place teams in some divisions have better records than first place teams in other divisions as the talent pool will be more equally spread out between division.

You mean divisions?

Let me first offer my view. I do not like the WC at all. It should only be division winners going to the playoffs. I simply asked the question just to open some more dialog.

With that said, the fact that the Cards to have a better record than the Tigers and they play in a tougher division, one can make the argument that they deserve to go to the playoffs more so than the Tigers, regardless of which league or division they are in.

If we went back to the two division leagues, you will not see as many scenarios in which 2nd and 3rd place teams in some divisions have better records than first place teams in other divisions as the talent pool will be more equally spread out between division.

If you call the AL and the NL divisions, I guess thats what I'm saying, not sure what to call them actually.

I like the 1 team WC, but don't like the 2 WC teams, to many teams starting to get into the playoffs, I don't want to see it get diluted, like the NHL is.

The AL playoffs are no where near the NHL situation, but knowing Bud, he could add another 2-3 teams before hes done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)