MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you call the AL and the NL divisions, I guess thats what I'm saying, not sure what to call them actually.
They are called leagues. I was clarifying the fact that the two teams are in two different divisions, AL Central and NL Central, even though they are also in two different leagues.
I like the 1 team WC, but don't like the 2 WC teams, to many teams starting to get into the playoffs, I don't want to see it get diluted, like the NHL is.

The AL playoffs are no where near the NHL situation, but knowing Bud, he could add another 2-3 teams before hes done.
I don't care for the WC at all, but I do agree with your point about it being diluted when you start to add too many WC teams.

I dont like the 2nd wild card but I want to see how it goes. Maybe, I'll warm up to it. I dont really like having interleague everyday next year. Maybe it will be different when it happens but I dont see why it should be done.

BillD1984 said:
Yankees and Orioles are now tied with four games to go!

If the Red Sox lose today, they're guaranteed a top 10 protected pick. Plus I'd rather see the O's win the division.

Go O's!

And than play your asses off the last 3 games to show some pride and to eff the Yankees.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

If the Red Sox lose today, they're guaranteed a top 10 protected pick. Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Unfortunately for the Red Sox, top ten picks in baseball just ain't worth what they are worth in basketball and football.

It will soon be time for the Red Sox to sign about $80 million a year in additional player contracts, as they will be down to around $80 million in annual payroll at the conclusion of the season.

AntAltMike said:
Unfortunately for the Red Sox, top ten picks in baseball just ain't worth what they are worth in basketball and football.

It will soon be time for the Red Sox to sign about $80 million a year in additional player contracts, as they will be down to around $80 million in annual payroll at the conclusion of the season.

If they don't have a protected pick, a first round pick is vacated if you sign a free agent for more than $12.5/mil avg salary.

I don't see them going hog wild in free agency in '13 anyway, and I don't want them to. They need to spend wisely so they're not in the same situation they were this year.

No to Zach Grienke and no to Josh Hamilton.

It's all but over for the Angels....down 8-4 in the 7th. Head case Santana was on Pluto when this game began. Very sad. I wish Mike could still be fired or letting him in so long. Bad move.

KCK_Halo said:
It's all but over for the Angels....down 8-4 in the 7th. Head case Santana was on Pluto when this game began. Very sad. I wish Mike could still be fired or letting him in so long. Bad move.

If they lose this game, they are done.

Dodgers are making interesting, even though their chances are still close to zero.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 3GS using SatelliteGuys

No to Zach Grienke and no to Josh Hamilton.

Amen to this !!! I want no part of either of those potential contracts.

I want them to go the route they went during the 2002-03 postseason. They signed David Ortiz, Bill Mueller, Kevin Millar, Jeremy Giambi and Todd Walker to moderate contracts, and only Giambi was a bust.

KCK, sorry about the Angels. They played there best. I still dont think Mike gets fired.

What are the odds the Red Sox play hard tonight against the Yankees? Could the Sox play potential spoiler? Also, the Rays are out with an A's win, I think.

From what I've heard apparently the Yankees and the Orioles have just clinched to play in a one game playoff and not the playoffs, per say. Is it me or is this playoff scenerio confusing?

KCK, sorry about the Angels. They played there best. I still dont think Mike gets fired.
Again, I think the rest of MLB is thrilled that the Angels won't make the postseason.

What are the odds the Red Sox play hard tonight against the Yankees?

Two chances- slim and none, and none has left the building. I will be shocked if the Sox win a game in NY.

Also, the Rays are out with an A's win, I think.

Correct. The A's magic number is 1 over both the Angels and Rays. Also, the A's will win the West if they sweep the Rangers.

Here's tonight's starting Red Sox lineup versus the Yankees:

The lineup Sabathia will face:

2B Ciriaco
LF Nava
RF Ross
1B Gomez
DH Lavarnway
C Saltalamacchia
3B Valencia
CF Lin
SS Iglesias

There is a good chance that only Ross will be in any major league starting lineup on opening day next year.

Here's tonight's starting Red Sox lineup versus the Yankees:

The lineup Sabathia will face:

2B Ciriaco
LF Nava
RF Ross
1B Gomez
DH Lavarnway
C Saltalamacchia
3B Valencia
CF Lin
SS Iglesias

There is a good chance that only Ross will be in any major league starting lineup on opening day next year.

guess they really want the Yanks to work for it:rolleyes: what a humilating 100 year anniversary season. (still going to watch though)

Again, I think the rest of MLB is thrilled that the Angels won't make the postseason.
Correct. The A's magic number is 1 over both the Angels and Rays. Also, the A's will win the West if they sweep the Rangers.

True. I forsee the Dodgers and Angels will both be powerhouses next season.

Nothing would please me more now than to see the A's win the West! The pressure is on Texas this post season more than any team. If they make it all the way to the WS, they HAVE to win or forever face the scorn of three straight WS losses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts