MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the Red Sox are putting up a fight tonight...........at least early. 2-0 Sox, top of the 1st

AL East update:

Red Sox 2, Yankees 1........top of 5th
Orioles 1, Rays 0...............top of 6th

AL East update......

Red Sox 2, Yankees 1...........top of 7th
Orioles 1, Rays 0.................top of 8th

Yankees have 1 run with 10 hits :eek:

Orioles win a pitchers duel, 1-0. Red Sox still ahead of the Yankees, 2-1....bottom of 8th. If the Sox can hold on, the AL East will be deadlocked going into Game #162!

Sidenote: James "Big Game" Shields with a pitching performance for the ages in a losing effort. Complete game, 2 hits and 15 K's.

Cardinals lose to Reds, but the Dodgers losing to the Giants, 2-1.....top of 4th.

Also, Nats and Reds tied for HFA going into Game #162

Even if the Yankees win tomorrow night (very likely, IMO), the Orioles win tonight will not be in vain.....as long as Oakland loses one more game (the O's would then host the Wild Card game).

Why is there so much talk for Trout getting the MVP over Cabrerra? I just don't understand. Trout's numbers aren't even in the same ballpark of Cabrerra's.

Why is there so much talk for Trout getting the MVP over Cabrerra? I just don't understand. Trout's numbers aren't even in the same ballpark of Cabrerra's.
Trout also played one less month, plays most of his games in much more hitter friendly parks, bats lead-off so he does not have the same RBI opportunities, and has two additional tools that Cabrera does not possess

Trout also played one less month, plays most of his games in much more hitter friendly parks, bats lead-off so he does not have the same RBI opportunities, and has two additional tools that Cabrera does not possess

So? It has been 45 years since someone has had a triple crown. That in itself should automatically make him the MVP.

I think they both have the numbers to qualify as MVP. One big factor for Trout is he is a five tool player, Cabrera isn't. But Cabrera is going to the playoffs, Trout isn't. Since I'm not a fan of either team, I'd be okay with either of them winning MVP.

Nice to see some different teams in the playoffs. Now if the ratings aren't good then I stand by what I say about baseball in general and it's popularity. . Sure the Yankees will do good in the ratings but baseball should do well no matter who is playing. Just like the NFL does.

A's vs. Rangers for the AL West. I believe the Rangers have been in first place the whole season and could be out of first place with a loss today.

How is the weather for Red Sox and Yankees? Its not going to rain, is it? If it does, what happens to the game?

I also think Cabrera wins the MVP. How does he not?

So? It has been 45 years since someone has had a triple crown. That in itself should automatically make him the MVP.
Trust me. I agree. Kemp should have gotten the MVP last year.

I was just more answering the part of your question of why there is so much talk about Trout. He should definitely be considered.

Wow, the Rangers implode in the bottom of the 4th!! Oakland puts up a 6 spot to take the lead.

A's 7, Rangers 5.......top of 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)