MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could have an alphabet AL series, the A's and the O's!

A's 9, Rangers 5...........bottom of the 8th

On a side note: Josh Hamilton struck out to end the 8th, and has no HR's this afternoon. Unless the Rangers pull off a miracle and Hamilton can get up again, we will have a Triple Crown winner for the first time since 1967.

Wow...the A's did it!! Kudos to them!

First team in MLB history that won their division/league after trailing by 5 games with 9 or less games left!

Last edited:
Wow...the A's did it!! Kudos to them!

First team in MLB history, that won their division/league after trailing by 5 games with 9 or less games left!

Bill, do you concur they have taken the spot which you felt the Angels might have had? That being the most feared team coming intom the playoffs?

Bill, do you concur they have taken the spot which you felt the Angels might have had? That being the most feared team coming intom the playoffs?

They don't have anywhere near the talent that the Angels have, BUT they have that one intangible quality that you can't quantify..........D-E-S-T-I-N-Y!! I'm ALL IN with this A's team!! :)

I'm a Red Sox fan and I'm ready to celebrate tonight!!

Yes, you read that right! Why am I celebrating? This is the absolute last time that I'll have to see Daisuke Matsuzaka or Bobby Valentine in a Red Sox uniform!! It ALMOST feels like 2004 and 2007 again! :)

Remember, even after the inevitable happens and the Yankees light up Dice-K, the Orioles are still playing for homefield against the Rangers in the WC game.

Remember, even after the inevitable happens and the Yankees light up Dice-K, the Orioles are still playing for homefield against the Rangers in the WC game.

Orioles will walk all over the Rangers. Rangers have EVERYTHING to lose now and the Orioles truly can play with their usual gusto and no fear attitude...all for ONE game. I think Nolan Ryan's doubling up on his blood pressure medication right about now!!!!!

Just read this on another site, and had to share it here:

Send out Valentine to get Dice-K and, during the same mound visit, Cherington to get Valentine.

ROFLMAO!!! :)

A's 9, Rangers 5...........bottom of the 8th

On a side note: Josh Hamilton struck out to end the 8th, and has no HR's this afternoon. Unless the Rangers pull off a miracle and Hamilton can get up again, we will have a Triple Crown winner for the first time since 1967.

Wow, the Rangers implode in the bottom of the 4th!! Oakland puts up a 6 spot to take the lead.

A's 7, Rangers 5.......top of 5th

The quotes are out of order but here is my question. What are the odds that you come back and score 5 runs in one inning to take a lead. Remember the Rangers were winning 5-1. How is that possible? If the A's dont have luck, then who does?

That's clearly one reason why you hear of coaches being fired with a few games left in a season. Unload 'em before they do something to embarrass themselves and or the team.

Did anyone else see MLB channel when they showed Omar Vizquel when he was taken out of the game for the last time? He is retiring at the young age of 45. :D
Great player and I think he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. It might actually bring up the level of good quality people in the Hall. He got a nice standing ovation from the crowd.

Did anyone else see MLB channel when they showed Omar Vizquel when he was taken out of the game for the last time? He is retiring at the young age of 45. :D
I saw it on FSN North since the Twins were playing the Jays. They had a ceremony before the game and he threw out the 1st pitch

Great player and I think he deserves to be in the Hall of Fame.
Agreed.....so does Bert (he said that Vizquel "most definitely" should be in the HOF)

The Tigers lead MLB in local tv ratings this season. The top five were Tigers, Reds, Cardinals, Pirates, and Red Sox. The bottom five teams were Astros, Angels, Athletics, Cubs, and Padres. Keep in mind that these are in order of TV ratings not total viewers. They Yankees had the highest average number of total viewers but they also have the largest market and population is used to determine ratings.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/10/tigers_set_club_record_lead_al.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)