MLB Network

So basically, when it comes to the MLB channel on E*, we may just need to accept the fact we are SOL at this point.

Thats a shame...of the 4 major sports with a network, MLB would the one I would most likely actually watch. Only occasionally watch the NFL or NBA networks, and never the NHL.

I watched a lot of MLB network yesterday. It is already one of my favorite channels. Done very very well. Gerats sets, personalities, and programming.

I agree, it seems to be very well planned out. The old games are great:up

Wish dish could get it

With all of the "over priced" packages Direct has, at the end of the day there is barely a difference in the cost of the 2 services anymore.

This is the BOTTOM LINE as I see it.

Second, WHO decides what is 'over-priced' anyhow? Seems to me that FiOS, CABLEVISION (and other cablecos), and DIRECTV are allowing ME to decide that, while CHARLIE has made the decision himself for over 13 million of his customers. I prefer making my own decisions on what programming packages I want.

For all of the continued 'explanations' of why channels are not carried by DISH in order to keep costs down, why is there virtually no price difference between the 2 satcos?

With all of the "over priced" packages Direct has, at the end of the day there is barely a difference in the cost of the 2 services anymore.

And as a result, if Direct ever catches up in the hardware department (e.g., "TV2 out"), I predict a mass exodus from those who (like me) have placed a higher value on better equipment vs. better programming. Of course, if that day were to arrive, I guess ol' Charlie would again become ultra-competitive in the price department.

And as a result, if Direct ever catches up in the hardware department (e.g., "TV2 out"), I predict a mass exodus from those who (like me) have placed a higher value on better equipment vs. better programming. Of course, if that day were to arrive, I guess ol' Charlie would again become ultra-competitive in the price department.

FYI, DirecTV has announced that they will be delivering a TIVO HD-DVR second half of '09.
http://dtv.client.shareholder.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=331835

This is the BOTTOM LINE as I see it.

Second, WHO decides what is 'over-priced' anyhow? Seems to me that FiOS, CABLEVISION (and other cablecos), and DIRECTV are allowing ME to decide that, while CHARLIE has made the decision himself for over 13 million of his customers. I prefer making my own decisions on what programming packages I want.

For all of the continued 'explanations' of why channels are not carried by DISH in order to keep costs down, why is there virtually no price difference between the 2 satcos?

What is or is not 'overpriced' or not is strictly a matter of opinion. And there is enough testimony out there to support either argument in the case of sportspacks, so it honestly doesn't make much sense to debate that issue further...

With regardes to both providers essentially charging the same for their base packages, why wouldn't they? The D* sportspacks have a wide enough subscriber base to support themselves whereas if E* were to start offering them, they would be starting out from zero, and its doubtful that E* is in any position financially at this point to sustain any loss in the interim. Charlie would more than likely raise the rates just as he has done so in the past, just to cover his potential losses.

I thaught I made that clear. Sorry about that.

Is there a major carrier that does *not* offer Extra Innings (which means no MLB Network either), besides Dish?

What is or is not 'overpriced' or not is strictly a matter of opinion. And there is enough testimony out there to support either argument in the case of sportspacks, so it honestly doesn't make much sense to debate that issue further...

With regardes to both providers essentially charging the same for their base packages, why wouldn't they? The D* sportspacks have a wide enough subscriber base to support themselves whereas if E* were to start offering them, they would be starting out from zero, and its doubtful that E* is in any position financially at this point to sustain any loss in the interim. Charlie would more than likely raise the rates just as he has done so in the past, just to cover his potential losses.

I thaught I made that clear. Sorry about that.

A thousand pardons Don Vampz26. No disrespect was intended. May your first child be a masculine child.....

For me, the only possible way I would want DirecTV for the sports packages is if I move out of my local market for sports (A distinct possibility after I get out of nursing school, not for 4 years). Avalanche, Rockies and Broncos (in that order) are available here all the time because it's their home market, and there is almost never a blackout. And my other team, the Red Sox, are on ESPN for FOX at least thrice a week. :D

If I move somewhere than DirecTV could be a consideration.

Go ahead guys...rub it in! :p

j/k :up

Haha, sorry. I want it as much as you for E*. I do have both, and with my work providing E* to me for free, if they would get everything I want, I would drop D*. It simply isnt there yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)