MLB Network

During the season, there is nothing better - that's why I prefer YES-HD over most other channels.

Off-season, I am still a baseball fan though, and like the hot-stove stuff.
Not me Im a mets fan thus E* was the obvious choice for me .None of money is going to the greedy low life baseball ruining spend a bundle and not make the playoffs steinbrenners!!!

Not me Im a mets fan thus E* was the obvious choice for me .None of money is going to the greedy low life baseball ruining spend a bundle and not make the playoffs steinbrenners!!!

BTW, the Mets - with the 3rd highest payroll (highest in the NL) didn't make it either IIRC. So, are they are also ruining baseball, but not by as much as the Yankees?

MLB Network has been showing the Don Larsen world series perfect game in it's entirety (except the first inning which is gone)....along with the original commericals. Never been done before. And, Larsen and Yogi are there to tell their story of that day. I like baseball but I'm not a junkie....but this stuff is priceless! It sure ain't Voom, LOL. Anyway, I agree with the previous sentiments that if this stuff means enough to people, they'll switch. That's what's great about having two competitors in the satellite business.....I think we're all better off with choice versus monopoly in the non-terrestial broadcast business.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but will MLB live games take away the FSN regional games in any way? I'm speaking of Fox Midwest in particular since they air most of the St. Louis Cardinals games and have increased the number games every year since I've been on Dish.
Thanks

How the HD on MLB.? are they showing the old games in HD?
It is actually really good, especially the studio programs. I also like the pillar bars they use for their 4:3 classic material. The pillar bars are brick and the image is made look like a projection screen over a brick wall.

I apologize if this has been asked already, but will MLB live games take away the FSN regional games in any way? I'm speaking of Fox Midwest in particular since they air most of the St. Louis Cardinals games and have increased the number games every year since I've been on Dish.
Thanks

I hope not... at least if Dish has zero plans on getting MLB network.... and if they try to take away any cardinals games to MLB network that wouldn't be shown on FSN, or KSDK (cards TV network) then people will be leaving Dish in droves in the st louis/MO/IA/TN/Arkansas/Southern and central Illinois/Western KY... basically cardinal country... cause if they have any cardinals games on MLB, Dish better get it, or be ready to lose a bunch of subs in the central part of the US... including myself!

Why would Dish be a better choice for a Mets fan?

Thanks

They are showing 26 Thursday night games. If its like the NHL Network, it will just be a "mirror" of an existing broadcast. Like last night on NHL Net the Wild/Avs game was a feed from FSN North (with FSWild logo in corner)

so you should be OK and able to see them via "normal" (FSN or OTA) broadcasts

I hope not... at least if Dish has zero plans on getting MLB network.... and if they try to take away any cardinals games to MLB network that wouldn't be shown on FSN, or KSDK (cards TV network) then people will be leaving Dish in droves in the st louis/MO/IA/TN/Arkansas/Southern and central Illinois/Western KY... basically cardinal country... cause if they have any cardinals games on MLB, Dish better get it, or be ready to lose a bunch of subs in the central part of the US... including myself!

see my post right above....

cus they carry sny-hd and no YES
Direct also carries SNY-HD (full time at that...unlike Dish) and YES. So how is Dish better for Mets fans, when Direct carries SNY HD full time and Dish only carries it as a part time game only channel?

Direct also carries SNY-HD (full time at that...unlike Dish) and YES. So how is Dish better for Mets fans, when Direct carries SNY HD full time and Dish only carries it as a part time game only channel?

Good question, IF that is his real reason

If I interpret him correctly, he says Dish is the best channel for the Mets fan because you run no risk of seeing the Yankees...:D

Too funny...

Now stop being so defensive, young man...its just his opinion...:D

I would think he would be more upset to see the Phillies, since the Mets choke to them every year.

There are some really creative things the MLB network has done:

1. The brick pillar box is very creative
  2. Their studios are the best I have seen of any news or sports studio
  3. No annoying side bar full of news and stats when it is not needed, like that on ESPN News (this may change once the season starts though).
  4. Hot stove report round table is better than that on baseball tonight

Hhmm, this will not convince me to spend hundreds to switch to D*. In my case, I have Fios 20/5Mbps internet/phone and can upgrade to HD for $40/mo or less. $25 above lifeline cable/[locals/QAM. I just have to figure out how many MLB or NHL games in HD that FioS will carry. Fios also carries WGN-HD, while D* doesn't and most likely never will. :D Dodgers? :eureka OK, now go beat up the Cubs.

Last edited:
Neither, its a press release, not a contract...

Either way, it certainly doesn't implicate MLB from my blame here..........

But it probably doesn't matter, its just another E* fiasco...

BINGO, just another fiasco. On to renaming the 622 to the HD Duo HD-DVR and the 722 to the incredible high capacity HD Duo HD-DVR and the Classic DDA 200 package ... that's the DISH DVR Advantage, the advantage being no rate increase last year but now you pay for it this year package....

Hhmm, not that I'll spend hundreds to switch to Direc. In my case, I have Fios 20/5Mbps internet/phone and can upgrade to HD for $40/mo or less. $25 above lifeline cable/[locals/ QAM. I just have to figure out how many MLB or NHL games in HD that they carry. Fios also carries WGN-HD, while D* doesn't and most likely never will. :D No, I'm a White Sox fan. WGN is great for one weekend Sox game. :cool: Sox-2005 WS Champions and now Team Obama. 2009? :hungry: Dodgers? :eureka OK, go beat up the Cubs.

WGN America broadcasts many of the the Cubs games due to the high national viewership. There are so many transplanted Chicago folks in AZ, FL, NV, etc...and WGN-HD is in decent demand in those areas...

Don't need WGN-HD as I sub to EI. Just about every Cub game is on EI and I don't care for the Cubs anyway. That being said, I still wouldn't mind having WGN-HD for other things like movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts