MSNBC and Cooking in Dish America Gold?

dlharm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 5, 2009
So. Central Nebraska
I have Dish America Gold as my base package and I have read on the Dish website and on a HD comparison report that I saw on here somewhere, that the Cooking channel and MSNBC are included in the Dish America Gold package.
I hope one of the Internet Response Team here can answer this if it is true or not.
I receive neither one of them, that is why I'm asking.
Also, why the Dish America packages have none of the audio only channels but other packages do? Just wondering.
Thank You in advance for any help.

Duane

Cooking channel shows in DISH America Gold package, MSNBC does not. Cooking comes off 72 or 129. I have no idea why the audio channels aren't in the HD package (probably because they aren't HD channels would be my guess). What happens when you go to channel 113 (cooking channel)?

I have Silver and on the comparison chart it shows Silver & Gold having MSNBC.
I now know that Silver does not have it. So youi say Gold does not have it either.

I asked Matt if he could make or find a current comparison side by side chart showing Silver-Gold-200-250-Latino Dos & Max.

We'll see what he can come up with.

I watch mostly news and movies. Why isn't MSNBC included in the lower tier of programming with CNN and Fox News? Weirdness.

I watch mostly news and movies. Why isn't MSNBC included in the lower tier of programming with CNN and Fox News? Weirdness.

Probably contract terms between MSNBC and Dish. Same with CNN, Fox News, HLN, etc.
If you like movies, then Dish has the following add-ons:
Encore Movies for $5.00/mo.--MoviePlex, Encore West, Encore Westerns, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, and Encore Mystery
[Note: Encore WAM and Encore East SD or/and HD are not included.]
Dish Platinum (formerly HD Platinum) for currently $10.00/mo. -- 22 channels
FMI, see this page: HD Platinum - Dish Network
Epix 3 (The Three from Epix) for currently $7.00/mo.
FMI on Epix 3 (The Three from Epix) and other a la carte channels, see this page: BabyTV, Outdoor Channel & A La Carte TV - DISH Network

Thanks Mojo for the suggestions. I've got AT200 + Platinum + a free year of Starz, so I'm set. I don't watch any SD programming anymore. I think Dish Platinum is the best bargain out there, though I wish Epix and some of the Plex would stop the big bugs for their advertisements and logos. It seems I'm getting advertised to every waking hour these days.

When I try to go to channel 113 or 9447 for the cooking channel I get a message that states the channel is available for immediate up-grade or it needs subscribed to.
Thanks!

Cooking channel shows in DISH America Gold package, MSNBC does not. Cooking comes off 72 or 129. I have no idea why the audio channels aren't in the HD package (probably because they aren't HD channels would be my guess). What happens when you go to channel 113 (cooking channel)?

When I try to go to channel 113 or 9447 for the cooking channel I get a message that states the channel is available for immediate up-grade or it needs subscribed to.
I have been told by Technical Support Group at Dish that my Dish package does not qualify for the Cooking Channel, that I would need the top 250 or higher to receive it. What is the correct answer?
I have 119/110/129 sats.

Hey guys.. Taking over for Matt who is on vacation (lucky devil is in Hawaii). Does anyone with DISH America Gold get the channels involved in this (namely MSNBCHD-209 and/or COOKING CHANNEL HD 113)? I am currently having a conversation with both engineering and programming at this time and I just want to give them as much information as possible.

This issue will be resolved rather quickly once I give them the whole package.

Thanks Tony. Appreciate the time you took with me over PMs to research this. Hopefully others with Dish America Gold can speak up and indicate if they are receiving either of these channels. As someone looking for Cooking Channel HD, I'm very interested in a resolution.

I was actually about to PM you dahenny. I remember switching you over to that package. I will know more about the issue tomorrow afternoon. There is nothing wrong with your equipment though folks, so no worries on that front. I am all over this one. If you subscribe to DA Gold and have the channels, lemme know. Also if you don't have them, lemme know. If you find any other channels that it says you should have and don't, that would be useful too. I got my engineering and programming teams together and am drowning them in information.

As you know I have Dish America Gold and I do not receive either of the channels, MSNBC or Cooking Channels. I checked again to see if I did or did not. If I go to them I get the pop-up message that states the channel is available for immediate up-grade.
Looking at the all channels guide MSNBC SD and Cooking SD show in Green.

So are we supposed to get Cooking Channel HD and MSNBC HD in the Dish America Gold package or not? If not, I likely won't go with it. I'll go with Top 250 instead.

:rant:I just looked on Dish's site for English packages. It shows MSNBC & Cooking Channel available in Dish America Gold. As far as I'm concerned, those who get Dish America Gold should be getting these channels. If you're not getting them, Dish is guilty of false advertising or there is a problem that Dish is having in getting them added to the package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)