MSNBC and Cooking in Dish America Gold?

TheTony

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2004
Unless this has been totally resolved (no indication from TonyT@Dish that it has), I would not expect a chat CSR to have the latest or most accurate information.

Neither of these channels are new to Dish. They've been advertised on Dish's website as part of Gold for some time - several weeks, at the very least, but likely quite a bit longer.

I just did a chat session with a CSR who says they are part of the Gold package and that they were recently added...Go figure???

Arcade

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 23, 2006
Beaumont, TX.
The Cooking Channel was great when it was on the free preview for awhile.
It has a show called "Bitchin' Kitchen" that is one of the most entertaining cooking shows on TV.
But as much fun as my family had with that show, It was not worth the upgrade for just one channel.

kenskibum

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2008
Lopez Island WA
They've been advertised on Dish's website as part of Gold for some time - several weeks, at the very least, but likely quite a bit longer.

MSNBC has also been listed as part of Dish America Silver for about a year I believe, but it's not, as I have that package as of 2/1 (former Absolute sub).

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
We used this lineup list before, I know it is only HD channels, there are some errors on it, please forgive me for them. Also there's a channel lineup card attached as well. The Latino packages I'll have to make by hand because we don't have an easily transferrable list.

View attachment 61621

View attachment 61620

Here is what Dish site says is in the packages: http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/dishAmerica/default.aspx

Just have your engineers put in the packages what marketing says is in them. Most all of Dish line up charts are wrong on every package.

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
Anything new on the MSNBC / Cooking Channel controversy? Are they going to be or are available in the Dish America Gold package or not? If they say they come in the package on the Dish website, then why are they not on when you order the package? This is getting ridiculous!

kenskibum

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2008
Lopez Island WA
Also I find it interesting that MSNBC is apparently included in the $14.99 Welcome Pack, but not in some of the higher priced packages.

Hi, just to let everyone know, the Welcome Pack has been reinstated by Dish Network for $14.99 a month including locals. It is NOT a qualifying package, so cannot be added to an account that is currently under a commitment. It will include: 107,Comedy Central; 110, Food Network; 112, Home & Garden Television; 120, History; 127, Oxygen; 128, WE: Women's Entertainment; 130, AMC; 134, ShopNBC; 137, QVC; 139, TBS; 161,MTV2; 166, CMT; 175, Boomerang; 179, The HUB; 183, Learning Channel; 185, Hallmark; 203, Bloomberg; 209, MSNBC; 214, The Weather Channel; 222, HSN; & 230, ICTV. We have not updated our website yet so it is not available on-line right now.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Looks to me to be a result of negotiations with MSNBC. I would bet they allowed it in the lowest pack because they will be the only news channel there.

TheTony

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2004
I haven't heard anything since Monday. Perhaps we'll hear something today, but unless I'm mistaken, most of the Dish IRT folks work Sun-Thurs. May be at least a few more days, I suspect.

renofrank

Feb 25, 2011
Reno
The FIX

I also do not get MSNBS with the American Gold HD package, so I called DN and they said I have a defective box, which is where they think the problem is located. They tried to send a new signal, but that did not work. The new receiver is due on Monday, I will let you know how it works.

If it says on their website I should receive these, then I should receive them or I may rethink DN service and join the tens of thousand who have jumped ship in the last quarter. Let's hope the new receiver helps.

I see that I should receive the following station, but I don't, for a total of 11 stations:

TheTony

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2004
Good luck - hope it addresses your problem - you appear to be missing quite a few (not even sure what some of those are). That said, I suspect your fix will not address what others are dealing with, regarding these couple of missing channels.

Tampa8

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I honestly think it would be better for you to leave Dish. You will never be happy. Just my opinion.....

renofrank

Feb 25, 2011
Reno
Follow up

I have Dish America Gold and did not get 11 stations that are listed on their website. They sent me a new receiver to fix the problem, it was trash, not only did it not get the stations I wanted, it was a bad replacement receiver, pixelated picture with over/underscan issues. The tech was sent out today and said, after three hours, that the new replacement dish was bad. We then called DN tech support and were able to bet two of the eleven stations running, but still not MSNBC or Cooking channel. Technicians said to wait 24 hours and then it should work. I have given up hope, but will wait 24 hours, then I will return everything and go over to DTV. I am not paying for channels that I do not get, especially when the channels are listed on their website as ones I should get.

They have 24 hours or I quit, I am a TOP rated customer and have been with them for six years and not this crap has me ready to bail on them.

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
I talked to 2 CSRs in technical support yesterday and they both told me that MSNBC and Cooking Channel are NOT in the Dish America packages, only in the Top ### packages. So, how long does it take them to get the logos off their website saying they are in the Dish America packages? RIDICULOUS!!!. I think they are very neglegint in this. It almost makes me feel that when negotiations broke down, they didn't care to remove them. They figured they could get more people to sign up thinking that they would get those channels. :rant:

Last edited:

TheTony

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 19, 2004
I can't speak to renofrank's issues (or even MSNBC), but I am missing Cooking Channel HD, and during communication with Dish IRT folks, I have been assured that DA Gold should indeed include Cooking Channel HD. It is not an equipment issue, but an issue that the engineering and programming teams are looking into, according to the information I have received.

That said, my last update on this was several days ago, and there is no ETR. It would be nice to get that (Dish IRT, are you reading this?).

kenskibum

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2008
Lopez Island WA
I went to DA Silver from the now obsolete Absolute plan. I was looking forward to getting MSNBC, as it was listed in 2 places on their website as being included. When I called because I wasn't getting it, they said it's not included in Silver. So yes, I guess we call that false advertising.

Tampa8

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
It's already been stated it is an engineering issue. I can't blame the CSR for this one I'll bet it doesn't show up when they look it up. I would contact a CSR here and or I would call back and tell the CSR it shows it is in the package, tell them where and that you want to get it as advertised... But do it nicely...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)