NBA 2008-09 Season

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
NBA Week in Review- By HD MM

In my weekly NBA in Review Post, I figured I'd make this one more reader interactive..........

1. Boston has lost 4 of their last 6 and the Cavs, 2 of their last 3. The sky really is falling!! Either way, this Friday is a highly anticipated one between the two dominant teams in the East. Can't wait!

2. Add LeBron's "crab dribble" to the lengthy list of talking points in the Cavaliers-Wizards rivalry.

In giving his take on what happened on the infamous traveling call, James said: "I watched it again, and I took a 'crab dribble,' which is a hesitation dribble, and then two steps."

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpQBD672HkQ"]Crab Dribble Explained[/ame]

3. Speaking of the Cavs. I mentioned at the beginning of the season, I was concerned with our lack of depth at the Center position. Well, that depth will be tested in the coming weeks as Zydrunas Ilgauskas' sprained ankle revealed bone chips. He'll be out for a month.

4. There is reason for hope Detroit! Your Pistons have now won 7 straight and have the longest winning streak in the NBA.

5. Reports have been surfacing all over about the status of Carmello Anthony's right hand. X-Rays are revealing a fracture. Either way, the Nuggets will be without their star for an extended time. Time to step up as a leader Chauncey.

6. Check out Manu Ginobli swatting away D-Wade's feeble layup attempt. Suck THAT D-Wade! :eek:....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P65spNg8IUk"]Manu Ginobili HUGE Block On Dwyane Wade!! Spurs Vs Heat![/ame]

7. I like what NBA-TV is doing with their "Tuesday Night Fan Night" concept. Each week you get to select which game being played on Tuesday they will air. The majority vote wins. Tonight's game will feature the Lakers vs. Hornets. Click here to vote for the Jan. 13 game you want to see....

NBA.COM - NBA TV Pick a Game

8. Speaking of NBA-TV, how come all the other sport specific channels (NHL-N, MLB-N and NFL-N) are all available on DirecTV's Choice HD package, but you have to subscribe to their Extra Sports Pack to receive NBA-TV?

9. Have you placed you ballot for the 2009 NBA All Stars? Make your selections HERE.........

NBA All-Star 2009 Landing Page

10. In the NFL thread we talked about several Toilet Bowl worthy stinkers of a game. Well, tonight's matchup of the Knickerbockers and Thunder may be the ultimate stinker as far as the NBA is concerned. My condolences to fans of either team.

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
That block from Ginobili on Wade was sick. And the one thing not seen on the clip was Wade's face after the block looking at the ref for a call... priceless. LMAO

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
Cavaliers to Unveil New Throwback Jersey

cavs-5th-jersey-small.jpg

With tomorrow night’s game against the Bobcats featuring the Daniel “Boobie” Gibson bobblehead doll, the team will also be wearing the jersey as seen above.

CeltsHD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2008
RI
The Celtics lose to the Bobcats tonight! :eek:

The celts have now lost 5 out of 7 and stand at 29-7 after starting the season 27-2.

Losing to the Lakers and Portland is one thing, but there's no excuse to lose to Golden State, New York and Charlotte! :mad:

Now the C's play the Rockets tomorrow and the much anticipated game with the Cavs on Friday night.

CeltsHD

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 8, 2008
RI
They lost to the Bobcats last year.

Now, if they lose to the Thunder, then I'll go crazy!

I know, they also lost to the Wizards three times last year (including two in Boston), but at least last year's bad losses were spread out.

This has been a MUCH different team since Christmas.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I know, they also lost to the Wizards three times last year (including two in Boston), but at least last year's bad losses were spread out.

This has been a MUCH different team since Christmas.

The Cavs always have a tough time with the Wiz too. No matter how good the team, there is always one bad team that just gives fits to good teams. The Wiz have a lot of talent and are very pesky.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
The Celtics lose to the Bobcats tonight! :eek:

The celts have now lost 5 out of 7 and stand at 29-7 after starting the season 27-2.

Losing to the Lakers and Portland is one thing, but there's no excuse to lose to Golden State, New York and Charlotte! :mad:

Now the C's play the Rockets tomorrow and the much anticipated game with the Cavs on Friday night.

Make that 6 out of 8 losses come Friday! :D ;)

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
LOL!!! The way the Celts are playing RIGHT NOW, they will be blown off the Q court come Friday night! :(

Actually the Cavs aren't playing well either. Before Christmas they were shredding opponents. Since then, their offense has just looked out of sync. I guess you'll have that in an 82-game regular season.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
OKC Thunder is on a roll! Winner of 2 of the last 3! Now 5-30! Trying to get 10 wins to avoid setting the record as worst team in NBA history!.

mdonnelly

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Aug 26, 2004
Mustang, OK
Got a couple of questions for you guys:

1. After all the hubbub over Seattle moving, will the new OKC team win at least 30 games in their first season in Oklahoma City?
I think we all know that's out of the question now. The new question is "Can they get to 9 wins to avoid setting a new futility record?"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts