NBC DNS in Central Wisconsin

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tknopf

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
Wausau, Wisconsin
I have found this site and it's members to be invaluable, so I am again asking for any help or suggestions once again. With football season fast approaching, I am concerned that for the 2nd year in a row, I will be unable to get the Sunday NBC games in HD. My DMA does not have channels available via D* and it looks like it will be a while. WJFW is the NBC affiliate in my area and their digital signal is broadcast from a tower that is 55 miles away according to antennaweb.org. As a matter of fact, Antennaweb doesn't even show WJFW as a digital station. My zip code is 54476. MY HR20-100 receiver easily picks up my ABC, CBS, and FOX HD with the off-air tuners and a simple "wing" antenna on my dish mount. According to D*, I should be eligible for a Distant Network feed of NBC since I cannot receive their digital signal with an off-air antenna. Here is the catch....WJFW has a repeater for their signal that is located 7 miles from my house. Because of this, when I enter my address on D* website to check for DNS eligibility, it says that I receive a "Grade A" signal from WJFW. This IS NOT a digital signal. What can I do? What options do I have? Any advice is MUCH appreciated.

Nothing via DirecTV as I understand it. I think the affiliates are allowed to deny you based on their predictive analog contour, even though you are seeking digital relief. Complain to the FCC, the NAB and your affiliate, BUT don't expect too much in the way of help or sympathy from them.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)